how to clean wild corals?

edric

Hi guys, my first post here!

So i would like to know, how should i go about cleaning corals i picked from a reef in singapore (only picking a few to not damage the reef). And the corals seem to be stuck on rocks that are not natural looking, how do i go about removing the corals from the rocks? Thanks for the help!

• SRC Member

buy coral dip (my recommendation is coral rx) and mix with water. soak your corals in the water for few minutes. after that soak your corals in a separate bucket of water to remove the any remaining traces of the coral dip as they might be harmful to ur livestock. you can go google or youtube for more information

• SRC Member

Leave our wild corals alone. Pollution and development already hit them hard.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Conservationists are trying very hard to cultivate the corals around our Singapore coastline so I think you should be considerate and not pick any wild corals for your own admiration or for any reasons...