My humble 1.5ft Journey

Madpetz, ml and most lfs carry them.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Algone works miracles for me. I used it on my nano tank previously. Nitrate drop tremendously. Great product for a temporary fix, until u can get everything under control....or alternatively just replace algone every month

I Love Stagsss

My experience with biosphere seems to work faster than 3-4 weeks. Measured 1 week later and able to see significant drop. I used NP biopellets also.

My filtration system:

Biopellets tlf modified

De*nitrator which has been used for 2yrs. Lol, still working fine after rinsing. =.=

Nitrate and phosphate removing wool

Biosphere

And oversized skimmer.

Able to bring high no3 to 5ppm last measured 19 April 2015.

Used biofuel + az-NO3 removal in the past to temporarily bring down no3. Until Henry recommended biosphere, and proved to work well for me. NO3 increased in 3 mths time after biosphere depleted to a certain amount. Then top up and back to good range. :D

• SRC Member

Hi all, got a small problem.. My water no matter what..isn't like crystal clear.. There is always some white stuff floating around...and the water looks abit cloudy from the side..

Not very sure what is d issue...

It isn't consistent with copepods

https://vimeo.com/126036963

Is there any way to solve it.. Does the bio-clarifier work for such an issue...

Regards

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

it has been awhile.. one day my coral beauty, blue tang and royal gramma just died out of the blue...d day before my bicolor Blenny went MIA and found dead, the day after cleaner wrasse went MIA too so it was a sad week...

• SRC Member

951a6ba985b29ad8a5e56938676dd342.jpg

fbcd78adbd2870c4cb5e1e4102c728ac.jpg

still trying to train them to eat pellets and brine shrimp.. so far they haven really been feeding a lot... hopefully they will slowly learn and start eating healthily..

the Chromis and clownfish are getting fat frm eating..

• SRC Member

my No3 is at abt 60.. which I don't understand.. even after many water change.. it is still there at same level.. makes me feel like doing a reset for the whole tank... my ammonia is 0, no2 is nil.. po4 is almost zero.. but just the no3 will nt drop despite running biopellets...

• SRC Member

Can do water changes to bring the nitrate down. Are you feeding a lot? Might wanna hold off adding any new livestock until your tank stabilises.

4032134229021418s_zpsx5nrshsi.JPG

• SRC Member

been doing water change... but no3 is still

high... that is the funny part... my flame angel just died yesterday.... sad part again... been thinking of just removing the IOS and mod the tank with an internal overflow and a sump... and use the chance to do a reset of whole system...

Get one hob fuge bro. Work will to maintain at low level. Try feed lesser :) do a 50% water change if you can and don't add in tang until you have bigger tank. They release a lot waste and need high oxygen intake.

This is a signature : hi

• SRC Member

Your current set up is ok. But I think your tank is still cycling. Might be getting ammonia spikes that have been killing off yr fish. Small water changes and stop feeding for a couple of days. See whether yr nitrate drops.

• Like 1

4032134229021418s_zpsx5nrshsi.JPG