Brown Algae growing on sand !!

• SRC Member

alright guys after months of fighting with green algae problems ! i finally manage to clean it !!

Rocks wise, i got a lawn mower blenny from pinnacle ! at first he doest really do much but after a week or so it started cleaning like crazy !!

Sand wise, i got a sand sifter star and a couple of nassarius snails but you still need to do monthly maintenance to the sand bed not really a big issue though.

One experience on my own is that i kinda dislike having hermits in my tank now, I've got 2 blue legged hermit and yes i do see them cleaning but majority of the time they are actually quite strong and throwing my corals here and there, down on the sand bed, stepping all over the zoas which really tends to be quite annoying ! even using coral glue they still manage to pluck a few of my small frags out and throwing them down the sand bed.. Considering re-homing them though =(

But the lawn mower blenny is really awesome ! great purchase & ill highly recommend it to all reefers ! 

Appreciate all your help !!

• SRC Member

This is why as interesting as hermits are; I'm sure they are fun & interesting to watch as they go about their antics, I have not added them to my tank as I heard they can disturb tank setup & corals..

hope yours behave soon! Otherwise can consider sumping them

• SRC Supporter
Does Nassaarius snail need other kind of food or the algae on sand is enough for it? 

Usually the algae from the sand and glass is good enough .

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk