HELP! BROWN JELLY DISEASE!

Lee Khim Ann

• SRC Member

I have a duncan which has been in my tank for around 6 months. Very healthy.
I have a hammer which has been in my tank for around 6 months too. Also very healthy.
One day hammer somehow managed to sting the duncan pretty badly. Now the duncan can be seen emitting brown jelly. Siphoned out the jelly but it just comes back the next day. What should i do?

I dont understand how the duncan could have gotten brown jelly from my healthy hammer coral. The top of my tank is LPS dominated and none of them have brown jelly disease and are all doing healthy. All the LPS in my tank have been with me for around 6 months and doing fine. Is it possible for LPS to get brown jelly from another healthy LPS just from a sting? I don't want to remove my duncan as it has been growing well, from 13 heads to 21 heads already. Any help is appreciated!

• SRC Member

I'm pretty sure this is brown jelly disease.

but i am 100% sure that my hammer coral is brown jelly disease free after having it for so long and there is no way it could have spread to the duncan. my most recent coral additions are 2 treated zoas from LCK 201

post-23812-0-08816600-1428212045_thumb.j

• SRC Member

This link is all about my nano tank when i just got it and you can see the polyp extension of my LPS has significantly increased over the months. Also added new skimmer. My duncan got stung by the green and brown hammer coral. The green and brown hammer coral is the LPS that has been in my tank for the longest so I'm definitely sure it is disease free. Should i cut away the branches of my duncan?