Eggs!? Scary... Please help ID before they hatch

• SRC Member

Hi guys, can someone help me ID what eggs these belongs to?

It looks fearful to me if they are some pests that are going to hatch in my tank, then I Habis!

They are hiding within my green star polyps coral. And there is a slime attached to the eggs, stringing them together.

Thank you in advance, please.

post-24634-0-39961400-1428662257_thumb.j

post-24634-0-40188700-1428662274_thumb.j

• SRC Member

I have :

- six line wrasse x1

- chromis x4

- fire fish x2

- sand goby x1

- cleaner shrimp x2

- spider crab x1

I'm suspecting it to be some eggs from pest, can anyone ID these eggs?

Just laid yesterday only. Coz I just saw them after returning from work.

• SRC Member

I've tried Googling but can't seem to find a match. You could remove it into a small container and see what hatches out from it few weeks later. And you can let us know.

• SRC Member

Yah thanks bro, and I hope I can remove them clean enough, coz quite a lot all stringing within the GSP x2. Colour of eggs some more is red, I might just missed some for sure... The only possible eggs I thought maybe is from the spider crab! My rocks are all started out as dead rocks, and my tank only started for 2 months. So I guess as such possibility. Hopefully is something good instead...

• SRC Member

Hi Guys, thank you in advance for your replies and advises.
Yah lor, I'm now fretting already. Coz by the time I so called removed the eggs few days later(as I thought they won't hatch so early anyway), the slime that string the eggs up has already disintegrated and the eggs become free flowing onto everywhere in my tank! *Crazy liao* You can imagine its like "Walah!", red tiny dots seen in every 5 cubic centimetres!
So if you asked me if I managed to removed them all, the answer is... Hahaha, anyone's guess: no...
The fishes and invertebrates don't eat them also... So, now I have to wait for the faithful day to come liao. I did kept a few of those eggs aside into a small capped container and float it in my sump. So I will know what these are, and share with anyone who might encounter in future. Provided if it hatches! But I hope they don't! *Really very contradicting hor* Hahahaha... Lets see when time comes...

It could be snails.

One of my aquariums used to have some pinkish eggs and the next thing I knew, I somehow had a snail population explosion not long after.

Good luck.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi guys, an update of the scary eggs as the answer is revealed... it's nudibranch.
I had quite a number of small size nudibranch these couple of days seen on my DT glass... and had removed as much as I can see to my QT. Will they cause any harm if I don't remove them? I also don't wish to kill any lives in particular due to me removing them... But can anyone advise me it's cause an effect? Thanks

• SRC Member

Dez, sadly most nudibranch are not reef safe. A lot of them will eat corals.

If you can get a good clear picture of the nudibranch, post it here and see if any expert can help identify the type.

But if you do spot them munching on your coral, you should immediately remove all of them.

• SRC Member

Dez, sadly most nudibranch are not reef safe. A lot of them will eat corals.

If you can get a good clear picture of the nudibranch, post it here and see if any expert can help identify the type.

But if you do spot them munching on your coral, you should immediately remove all of them.

Bro, Alamak! Jialart liao, if that is the case. How possible to clear all of them man. Everyday I see little little nudibranches on my DT glass now leh... And haven't say those majority I think would be on the life rocks and corals one... *OMG*

• SRC Member

Bro, don't panic yet. I'm no Nudi expert, so I may be wrong.

From what I read, Nudis usually have specific diet and may only go for 1 type of food. Like only sponge, zoas, SPS, algae or others.

So first of all is to find out what Nudis you have, while you continue to manually remove what you can.

Once you establish what type they are, then take more widespread corrective actions, if needed.

Hey, for all you know, maybe you have the Lettuce Nudi which are algae eaters.