Pairing Maroon Clownfish

• SRC Member

Hi, can I have some tips for pairing Maroon Clow fish ?

Currently I have a bigger maroon clown fish with me for a month. I decide to buy a very small maroon clown fish to pair with it.

First day I add in the smaller maroon in, expected the bigger maroon attack the smaller one. So I decided to put the smaller one in a breeder box for big one to see it ever day.

After a few attempt it still attack the smaller one. So I catch the bigger one out to another tank and let it stay for 1 week. After 1 week I put it back. Same goes again, attack the small one.

So this time I put the bigger one in the breeder box. I just try to put the small one in the breeder box too. Suprise that the bigger one never fight.

After few hours, I let them both out. But sadly the big one attack him again.

Now both in the breeder box again. Monitor for few hours till now no fighting.

Do I have to let them stay in the box for a longer time like a few days or a week ?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7714ce1b06996ffb51c72

• SRC Member

I have a pair of maroon Clownfish residing in my sump refugium now..brought from a Reefer..was told by him that the smaller maroon was a few try prior to this..the previous few smaller maroons were killed by the bigger maroon..so finally this one succeed..now they r a pair :) good luck to all

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

Put them together in the breeder box longer ah. Else buy a bigger than ur old clown size clown fish. The only concern is that u might be the second reefer end up with a pair of ###### clown...

Won't be the bigger clown already not juvenile? Both not a juvenile stage is it more harder to pair ?

• SRC Member

I have a pair of maroon Clownfish residing in my sump refugium now..brought from a Reefer..was told by him that the smaller maroon was a few try prior to this..the previous few smaller maroons were killed by the bigger maroon..so finally this one succeed..now they r a pair :) good luck to all

Oh gosh .. need to kill in order to pair up .. don't think I will do that lo hahaha .. I rather give up this pcs and get a pair which is already pair up

• SRC Member

Won't be the bigger clown already not juvenile? Both not a juvenile stage is it more harder to pair ?

Juvenile or not does not matter ah. As long as it is still male can liao.

99% of the time if u add a new and smaller size clown to an existing clown, it will be bullied and killed... so better chance is to add a bigger size one.

Clown can take years to turn to female so chances of u buying a mid size clown which is female is low.

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

Juvenile or not does not matter ah. As long as it is still male can liao.

99% of the time if u add a new and smaller size clown to an existing clown, it will be bullied and killed... so better chance is to add a bigger size one.

Clown can take years to turn to female so chances of u buying a mid size clown which is female is low.

Ohh icic .. OK I shall see how .. if still fighting maybe will give up the small one n look for a bigger maroon clown :) .. cause only 1 clown in a tank cannot compare to a pair of clown fish in a tank haha

• SRC Member

Ohh icic .. OK I shall see how .. if still fighting maybe will give up the small one n look for a bigger maroon clown :) .. cause only 1 clown in a tank cannot compare to a pair of clown fish in a tank haha

one last method is buy twenty new clown and add all of them in... then the old clown will be blur...

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

Cannot... but at least old clown dont know which to attack... 手术很成功, 不过病人死了。。。

Hahaha ya lo .. think hopefully can succeed pairing this two .. will keep monitor them.

• SRC Member

U try put together in the box for 1 week. Lastime i I have a coral beauty then I add a smaller flame. Then the cb keep attacking the flame. 1st I put the flame in iso box for 3 days then put back together. End being attack again.

2nd I try put the cb in iso For 3 days Then put back. End up attack again.

lastly I take out the flame and put in my small qt almost 1 2 give up already. Then the next day I put the cb inside the qt also. Miracle happens. No attacking happens. So i leave them together for 1 week. After that I put them both back in the main tank at the same time. all peaceful for 1mth+ aalready.

Hopefully this will work for u also.

• SRC Member

Ohh icic .. OK I shall see how .. if still fighting maybe will give up the small one n look for a bigger maroon clown :) .. cause only 1 clown in a tank cannot compare to a pair of clown fishfish in a tank haha

Imho, why dun give up the big one as u will b getting a bigger maroon..maroon too big not nice, small then cute :) ..if u give up the small one n keep the big maroon, this mean u will b getting an even bigger maroon..the best is to get an already pair up maroons..u shd understand what I mean as getting a bigger can't cfm no fighting..good luck bro :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...