WTS - Brand New AI Hydra 52 x 2 (No warranty)

woyeng**

Bro u get from local agent. That is the problem. I got one from Fish Street. Cheap set not so exp like yours. I think I pay only $150 per set for my ATS. Upon recieve half working. Wrote back to them with photo. They send me a replacement set.

Fish street got sell Lumen Aqua led set ? I think if your item is a small item like your ATS which shipping cost less than 100 buck from HK, they would gladly do so, try shipping to USA and expect them to pay for the shipping back to SG ?

• SRC Member

ok. i got what u meant bro. if I wan to buy hydra or their relevant product I go to think twice. that's ... If I buy this product and I should check the warranty is transferable. if no, then I will have a hard time selling as second hand if the set is less than a year old. then depreciation for this product is too high. I would rather go for other brand. I think I better inform my friends who are looking to buy this product asap. but I find it weird. if I buy a car, the warranty goes with the car not the owner mah. or should I say I need to wear mask before buying these brand. then the seller will not recognize the face. no joke man. is like a saga of sls scam. better get off to tell my friends read your thread asap before they commit soon

Regards,

jowenteo

Agreee man. Those who all changed to ati which is transferrable warranty, sure no regret!

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

How about parallel imported ATI your good friend is selling? Got warranty?

Do you mean Reef Depot is a parallel importer? Why is there a sudden mention of parallel imports? Any relevance?

Just to add, I dun mean to be rude, but just dun understand the relevance, hence asking.

• SRC Member

Bro kenyee, to be fair to buyers i want this matter clearly resolved. Everything should be above board. I sense that RD discriminates based on buyer info, ie. even if the set is brand new and warrantied, they can unilaterally decide to void the warranty. This practice you decide for yourself if its good or not.

For the rest of you, if you wish to get more info about the actual events pls refer to Reef Depot FB.

Thank you.

• SRC Member

How about parallel imported ATI your good friend is selling? Got warranty?

My good friend no sell any ati fixture t5 leh. Everyone bought from AM. We love am!

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

• Moderators

Do you mean Reef Depot is a parallel importer? Why is there a sudden mention of parallel imports? Any relevance?

Just to add, I dun mean to be rude, but just dun understand the relevance, hence asking.

No worries. Don't think u r rude. I interested in the ATI so asking since ATI is mentioned here.

Sorry if I'm rude to ask about ATI here.

Cheers!

Tom

• Moderators

My good friend no sell any ati fixture t5 leh. Everyone bought from AM. We love am!

Hmmm... aiya I must be hearing and seeing things then. So sad. Thought can get a good deal. My bad.

Buzz off liao.

Sorry to interrupt the thread.

Tom

No worries. Don't think u r rude. I interested in the ATI so asking since ATI is mentioned here.

Sorry if I'm rude to ask about ATI here.

Cheers!

Haha... I just bought my ATI from AM, so I will be damn shock if someone were to tell me AM is a parallel importer. lol

• Moderators

Haha... I just bought my ATI from AM, so I will be damn shock if someone were to tell me AM is a parallel importer. lol

No la. I was told other than AM who is the distributor. Not they r PI.

Thought can get a good deal on ATI from the PI.

Must be some bloody dishonest bastxxx telling me the wrong things. WTF. Karma for dishonesty

Tom

Surfed ATI website, warranty also not transferable. Pls check before giving misleading info. Maybe parallel import one can transfer anyhow.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Surfed ATI website, warranty also not transferable. Pls check before giving misleading info. Maybe parallel import one can transfer anyhow.

Please see this link

Im sure AquaMarin is not parallel importer.

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

• SRC Member

Youdontknowme...i thot i m your good frend ?!? Who else is your good frend ? I oso want to be his gd frend....

• SRC Member

Youdontknowme...i thot i m your good frend ?!? Who else is your good frend ? I oso want to be his gd frend....

Everyone is my good friend. Even u brudder wong

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

No la. I was told other than AM who is the distributor. Not they r PI.

Thought can get a good deal on ATI from the PI.

Must be some bloody dishonest bastxxx telling me the wrong things. WTF. Karma for dishonesty

Yeah, you better go and F that fellow left, right, centre. Then again, if there is really a PI offering better deal, please do share here.

• Moderators

Yeah, you better go and F that fellow left, right, centre. Then again, if there is really a PI offering better deal, please do share here.

Let me see if i still can find that and share with you here.

I asked that person again. Will remove him from my friend's list if he is dishonest and trying to flame people.

人在做天在看! Hope he can sleep well for telling LIES!!! :rip:

Tom

This is good info. New thing learnt that warranty tag with the owner and not the equipment. It is an interesting news. But on a side note, from a distributor point of view maybe the intention is to discourage second hand selling of his equipment within a short time frame. But at least to me, what is most important as a consumer is that the distributor or LFS must honor the warranty if the equipment has any issue within the warranty period.

Actually I have a personal experience with Reef Depot recently. My AL Vega has some issue and I went down RD despite my equipment is not bought there. A guy named Seet not only help me repair my set, he went the extra mile to clean my set and change a new fan for me. The fan is not even faulty in the first place. It was lunch time and he was the only guy in the shop. But he spent the next 15mins teaching me how to update my set and share with me on some equipment knowledge. That was the first time I met him and it left me quite impressed. At that time, I felt quite obliged to buy something for him as a token of appreciation for his remarkable service. But he told me to buy from his retailers as his price will be expensive for me. His honesty left me speechless and indebted at the same time.

I am not sure how this news will impact RD, but I will continue to support their products due to the service received.

• Like 2

• SRC Member

Oh wow... I'm shocked... I was seriously contemplating purchasing Hydra due to all the good comments about it...

Now I need to reconsider the purchase... Like what jowenteo mentioned with the analogy to the car, it's very true... I can't guarantee that I'll use that LED for the rest of its life... And it'll be kinda worthless or highly depreciated if I do intend to sell it for an upgrade...

Angel Keeper

• SRC Supporter

I've too have had good experience with Seet (Reef Depot) with him helping me troubleshoot my AI Hydra losing internet connection issue over the phone on New Years eve night. He SMS to follow up a week later to see how things were going.

Having said that, it appears that warranty following original owner only (not transferable) is quite a common practice. Popular brands such as Bose, Trek/Cervelo/.Giant (popular bicycle brand), Samsung mobile phone or Nikon camera just to name a few. I don't like this rule but its quite common out there.

Having said that, WongYeng's sale is quite a fantastic deal - $500 for 2 unused sets. Its cheaper & better deal than some folks selling 1 year old items where warranty has ended. All the best in your sale.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

thumbs up for am to allow warranty transfer but if you check ATI official website, it is stated warranty is not transferable. This is not unusual for US product. For marine equipment, which equipment don't have high depreciation value, with exception for those highly sought after proven product but how many? The only one I can think of is vortex wave maker. Thought TS said to leave this as his selling thread and I respected that....but it still got carried away. There is always 2 sides to a coin and it is individual right to choose which side to stand. This debate will again be fruitless. It is right to comment and discuss how things can be better managed to improve but certainly not a good thing for some to take opportunity to promote superiority, etc, and worst if it is for self interests in disguise. Lastly, when I buy a product, my primary concern is proven product with good support. This will eventually tie with demand and hopefully good resale value. Peace and reef on. All the best to the TS in selling the items.

• Like 1

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

Yes, even those lifetime warranty product like Ellsworth bike, etc. so when buying, need to check. Correction to yr understanding bro, is $500 for each unit and price is firm.

I've too have had good experience with Seet (Reef Depot) with him helping me troubleshoot my AI Hydra losing internet connection issue over the phone on New Years eve night. He SMS to follow up a week later to see how things were going.

Having said that, it appears that warranty following original owner only (not transferable) is quite a common practice. Popular brands such as Bose, Trek/Cervelo/.Giant (popular bicycle brand), Samsung mobile phone or Nikon camera just to name a few. I don't like this rule but its quite common out there.

Having said that, WongYeng's sale is quite a fantastic deal - $500 for 2 unused sets. Its cheaper & better deal than some folks selling 1 year old items where warranty has ended. All the best in your sale.

Algae Scrubbler

Interestingly after seeing this, i was checking out ATI and AI official site, and both manufacturer state that the warranty is only enforced by the original purchaser only and not transferable. If the local transferable warranty is given to the buyer, it is purely out of good will from the local agent since they will not be covered by their principle. I think alot of misunderstanding can be avoided if we bother to read the fine print and check with the dealer prior to purchase if the warranty is transferable ?

which in this case i feel RD is only trying to help out it's dealer which is not the one selling the light set directly to the owner.

We cant compare buying a car to buy a light set just like we cant compare apple to orange Heehee..

Hi guys, just to share, i believe TS is not overly concerned over the warranty issue. That has been clarified and well understood. I think hes concern is as mentioned in the FB comment...

"Reef Depot, i did not buy AI sol, neither did i buy the so called upgrade kit which u mentioned. I can only presume that these upgrade kits are made available to pple already owning AI sol for them to decide if they wish to make the move to upgrade. Once again, it is provided to the person to make an informed decision.

In my case, i certainly was not informed neither was i given the chance to make a choice as regards to whether i want an upgraded set or not."

I can see where the frustration comes from, I hope both sides can come to an agreeable term. Cheers.

I Love Stagsss

100 :fear: ???

IMHO, 50% off the retail price should be more reasonable if it's less than a year and in mint condition... :rolleyes: !

Any thing without warranty is up to buyer to consider what is a reasonable price?

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016