hot air generated by Chiller

WaPiangz!
I had the same issue too when I was using a 1HP Hailea Chiller. Hot air Hot air everywhere in my living room, and decided to sell it away and buy a compressor instead. Lucky a nice bro here intro a 1 HP Daikin compressor(titanium coil) direct aircon distributor to me, which is below the market price. It was a much better investment than a chiller indeed. 7-9 mins running time only, indeed as told by reefers here, for my 4 feet with sump tank each time as compared to 1.5h plus with chiller. Much energy savings too, and higher resale value if I were to sell it off in future. I find the hot air from compressor warm, but not as hot as the Hailea Chiller(of coz as it was blowing 1.5h of hot air into my living room!)

• SRC Member

Those compressor beside cabinet...will have a short coil of cooling pipe go into your sump tank. Unless u have extra space outside to accommodate running of piping and such to your tank then ok..

So either compressoe beside cabinet or outside balcony.

• SRC Member

i think old hdb will be abit risky to stack another compressor on top.

think the noise should be bearable.. probably as noisy as a hailea chiller?

anybody using kulthorn compressors? any feedback? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

I installed my 1 hp Daikin compressor beside my tank, the same location beside my fish tank cabinet which I placed my sold Hailea 1 HP chiller. I noticed a few differences for heat and noise. Heat wise, compressor is less warm for my case, because compressor fan is larger and stronger, and I feel it dissipates heat away faster away from the device and since mine is near a window, some gets sucked out.. For a chiller, because the fan is smaller, I felt the heat all accumulates at the corner and slowly dissipating, thus coz mass heated air channeling away from the location slower, and thus the heat becomes more unbearable. But of coz other than that was because chiller ran a much much longer time to a compressor, so heat also accumulates more in my living room for hailea. 8min vs 1.5h for compressor and chiller respectively.
For Noise wise, both also noisy when they operated. But Compressor better, because its a type of small humming electrical and wind noise, rather than the Hailea Super heated air wind blowing noise(macam lion roaring like that). And compressor runs only 8mins, comparing to 1.5h for chiller you say which one better leh?
HDB wise cannot stack, so I placed beside cabinet. Hope my reply helps.

May I know how "hot" is the hot air from the chiller?

I never used a chiller before and feeling the chiller in the air con LFS aien't going to give me an accurate idea of the things to come.

If my capacity is 82gallon (tank + sump inclusive), and i intend for it to be in an open cabinet (meaning the rear and the front are open, no doors), but the sides are shield by the cabinet wall. And I am intending to go for a 1/10HP arctica chiller, is it going to be very warm?

I installed my 1 hp Daikin compressor beside my tank, the same location beside my fish tank cabinet which I placed my sold Hailea 1 HP chiller. I noticed a few differences for heat and noise. Heat wise, compressor is less warm for my case, because compressor fan is larger and stronger, and I feel it dissipates heat away faster away from the device and since mine is near a window, some gets sucked out.. For a chiller, because the fan is smaller, I felt the heat all accumulates at the corner and slowly dissipating, thus coz mass heated air channeling away from the location slower, and thus the heat becomes more unbearable. But of coz other than that was because chiller ran a much much longer time to a compressor, so heat also accumulates more in my living room for hailea. 8min vs 1.5h for compressor and chiller respectively.

For Noise wise, both also noisy when they operated. But Compressor better, because its a type of small humming electrical and wind noise, rather than the Hailea Super heated air wind blowing noise(macam lion roaring like that). And compressor runs only 8mins, comparing to 1.5h for chiller you say which one better leh?

HDB wise cannot stack, so I placed beside cabinet. Hope my reply helps.

Wow that's impressive bro!

What I meant by stack is on both my the compressor for my tank and the room air con at the same time.

Cause I don't know if the amperage to my house enough a not. Haha

• SRC Member

Wow that's impressive bro!

What I meant by stack is on both my the compressor for my tank and the room air con at the same time.

Cause I don't know if the amperage to my house enough a not. Haha

Yah, the significance in reduction of cooling unit running time does impressed me as well. All taught by reefers in our club.

A compressor in long run will certainly be saving many more issues than a standard chiller. Nice, trendy, more high-tech, lesser running time = lesser power consumption, lesser hot air to the environment, 1 lesser feeding pump = reduction in power and noise from pump, no leakage problem unlike standard chillers, most importantly, lesser electricity bill, and higher resale value if you bought it as cheap as mine.

For the power ratings supplied to our HDB household is different from new and old estate. To this, the Air-con guy will be more well-verse than us. You can check out the compressor guy, they will check for you. For your knowledge, my home is a 33yr old estate. Running a system 4 air-con at home, and then I add on this Daikin 1 hp compressor in my living room. Everything ok at my home.

Yah, the significance in reduction of cooling unit running time does impressed me as well. All taught by reefers in our club.

A compressor in long run will certainly be saving many more issues than a standard chiller. Nice, trendy, more high-tech, lesser running time = lesser power consumption, lesser hot air to the environment, 1 lesser feeding pump = reduction in power and noise from pump, no leakage problem unlike standard chillers, most importantly, lesser electricity bill, and higher resale value if you bought it as cheap as mine.

For the power ratings supplied to our HDB household is different from new and old estate. To this, the Air-con guy will be more well-verse than us. You can check out the compressor guy, they will check for you. For your knowledge, my home is a 33yr old estate. Running a system 4 air-con at home, and then I add on this Daikin 1 hp compressor in my living room. Everything ok at my home.

Thank you very much for the response!

Will check with my Aircon contractor to see if it can be installed!

Bro, now that you mention it. I have an air con unit just at the adjacent wall to where my tank will be placed. Do you think... they are able to use the same compressoor? So i can just get some air con ducting guy and link it to that "coil" in my tank right? Am I missing anything?

• SRC Member

The duct leads to my false ceiling and disperses the air there instead of having it stuck within the cabinet. Ideally there should be another extraction fan to pull the warm air out of the false ceiling into say the balcony or kitchen, but so far my living room is still quite cooling so no need for now

The duct leads to my false ceiling and disperses the air there instead of having it stuck within the cabinet. Ideally there should be another extraction fan to pull the warm air out of the false ceiling into say the balcony or kitchen, but so far my living room is still quite cooling so no need for now

Hi, the sucking fan have to on 24 hrs or you sync it with the compressor (how to do this?).