Marine Tank Competition...

• SRC Member

Unfortunately the organisers do not have the mentality as hobbist.

They just want a 'show tank' :whistle

i agree with u guys... : :rolleyes: their selling point is their event...wanna make it more interesting to attract more pple over to their site. They in fact, can try other stuffs instead of marine stuffs...ideas like asking gers with bikins swimming with louhan or goldfish in a 10ft tank?!!? Then, u see these event will fill with male photographers!!!! :lol: OR fill a 6ft tank with water in just 15mins?!

My point is that, they can do anything to make the event interesting..but dun jeopardise live stocks!

IMO,No point risking LS & Corals in taking part.... :(

regs,

Wil

• SRC Member

What is the prizes for the competition in the first place ?

If it is less than 10K ... probably can forget it ... In a standard 3 ft tank probably the live stock could cost up to 4 to 5 thousand alone .... and not to mentioned the time to look for the rare species ........ not to mention the time involved to move all the live rocks and livestock to another tank ... the shift is no joke ... even the owner is getting alot of stress...

Fresh & marine aquascaping is 2 very different technique .... fresh water still can played with alot of different material ... but for marine all are live rocks ... it is almost impossible to create an exact replica of the system even if you are using the same rocks ...

If it is 20k and above - can consider :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
What is the prizes for the competition in the first place ?

If it is less than 10K  ... probably can forget it ... In a standard 3 ft tank probably the live stock could cost up to 4 to 5 thousand alone .... and not to mentioned the time to look for the rare species ........ not to mention the time involved to move all the live rocks and livestock to another tank ... the shift is no joke ... even the owner is getting alot of stress... 

Fresh & marine aquascaping is 2 very different technique .... fresh water still can played with alot of different material ... but for marine all are live rocks ... it is almost impossible to create an exact replica of the system even if you are using the same rocks ...

If it is 20k and above - can consider  :eyebrow:

correct me if i'm wrong

but i think i saw the advertisement on the door of some lfs

first prize is $2000/-.... <_<:pinch::snore: