Hey guys,

So i just put my Aquatic life internal skimmer in water.

It worked for a while and stopped working after 1 min.

I put my in water, i get electric shocked!!

I remove and dismantle it, and the pump was HOT!! And does work anymore!! :rip:

What just happend???

Its 115v plug, i used international adapter for it.

Same with a small power head too! IT also heat up and doesnt work

HELP!!

if you say the pump is 110V, then your pump is fired , as you got a electric shock... lucky u can still post forum here... or else we might lost another nice reefer...

our electric is 220V, so anything that say 110V cannot be use here, unless you have a transformer to setup down from 220V to 110V, but it not worth it..

bring your pump back to who you bought from and get it replace with a 220V pump.

Current Tank(s) :

2 x 1 x 1 mixed reef tank

What in my mind now (future tanks)

4 x 2.5 x 1.5 low profile coral tank

3 x 2.5 x 1.5 low profile reef tank

Decommissioned Tanks :

2 ft seahorse tank back in the 1990s'

2.5 ft cube mixed reef tank in 2007 to 2008

JBJ 28g Tank . Maxspect G1 110W + 12W DIY LED . Tunze 9002 Skimmer . Vortech MP10w ES . SPS only Tank . Picasso Clown Fish (2009 to 2011)

2 x 1 x 1 puffer-fishes, box-fishes & Frog-fish tank (2015)

if you say the pump is 110V, then your pump is fired , as you got a electric shock... lucky u can still post forum here... or else we might lost another nice reefer...

our electric is 220V, so anything that say 110V cannot be use here, unless you have a transformer to setup down from 220V to 110V, but it not worth it..

bring your pump back to who you bought from and get it replace with a 220V pump.

The shock was scary man. You mean there were people died from aquarium shock???

The shock was scary man. You mean there were people died from aquarium shock???

if normal leakage, is just a mild shock, like your finger got bitten by ants when you touch the water... but your case if the pump overloaded, and internet might burn and bare wire showing out... however I belive for your case is the pump casing is still not broken, just leakage that why you feel the shock.. it the electric leakage is serious, mostly your home MCCB will tripped and your home will black out..

most of those "china" made pump with 2 pin plug will have mild leakage after sometime, many ppl have experice getting a slight shock whenever they touch the water...

Current Tank(s) :

Decommissioned Tanks :

JBJ 28g Tank . Maxspect G1 110W + 12W DIY LED . Tunze 9002 Skimmer . Vortech MP10w ES . SPS only Tank . Picasso Clown Fish (2009 to 2011)

By saying you used international adapter for it, are you referring to only the different plug or a step up transformer from 110-220v?

Sent from my INO-2 using Tapatalk

Universal travel adaptor from qoo10. I messed up?? :blush:

So throw away? I bought from a reefer here.

110v. So its totally wasted? There was burning smell.

if you bought form a reefer here, he should have warn you that it is 110V and cannot direct plug into the power socket in our house.

and yes, it totally wasted, you can throw away or bring back to that seller and show him what happened, if he did not tell in the first place cannot like that do

Current Tank(s) :

Decommissioned Tanks :

if you bought form a reefer here, he should have warn you that it is 110V and cannot direct plug into the power socket in our house.

and yes, it totally wasted, you can throw away or bring back to that seller and show him what happened, if he did not tell in the first place cannot like that do

He did say it was 110v. But i thought i could just use a travel adapter. Its my fault. sigh...

You are lucky because your feet is on the ground .... I got electric shock a lot time and luckily the floor is dry

This is a signature : hi