dinGdinG's Upgrade~!

dinGdinG

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

Had my ATS running for almost 4 months, finally I have some decent growth of hair algae.. Mixed feelings, not sure if I should be happy or sad lol

image.thumb.jpeg.16e35f1ff7678c614d3f0daimage.thumb.jpeg.22c8927a024830938d56e4fimage.thumb.jpeg.4f5bf92705c510c97399f7dimage.thumb.jpeg.451a6108c59dcf70b009302

but my ATS seems to be having all sorts of algae and not just hair algae. Is it normal? But anyway, just Glad to have all the algae in this little box instead of my DT. 

image.thumb.jpeg.dc169ccd35b3bcfab34c144any chance of it turning into rainbow colours? I see that the colours are slowing blending together over time... Fingers crossed!

image.thumb.jpeg.870334a9472fc3a3725773bnice pink encrusting monti with pink polyps, from a Fiji shipment. 

Heres an interesting angle shot of my tank, makes it look full of Acropora!! 

image.thumb.jpeg.cf3bf6fd4ab92230a39432d

I love reefing!

• Like 1

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

• SRC Supporter

Wah the last pic really power, machiam natural coral reef

haha thanks bro. That's just a well angled trick shot lol

Your tank is doing very well. Thanks for sharing

thanks bro, still many things to learn and explore in this beautiful hobby :)

• SRC Member

Hi bro, I got mine at daiso. It's actually those thick cutting mats for arts and crafts. Daiso is actually a reefers paradise. Can find many things u need there haha

bro, is it those use for cutting stuff with pen knife?

Hmm, will the material leech stuff out to ur reef tank?

btw bro, awesome looking tank !! 2x 12,000 is definitey a super overkill. Lol

• SRC Supporter
bro, is it those use for cutting stuff with pen knife?

Hmm, will the material leech stuff out to ur reef tank?

btw bro, awesome looking tank !! 2x 12,000 is definitey a super overkill. Lol

Hmmmm good point, I honestly did not consider that. I took it as the same material as the other equipment that we use in our tanks. Yes, it's those cutting mats for pen knife. Thanks. I will go find out more now that you mention this lol

Yah the 2x12000 is just to Ensure I have the highest possible water volume turn over. I want that because I have a high bioload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Hmmmm good point, I honestly did not consider that. I took it as the same material as the other equipment that we use in our tanks. Yes, it's those cutting mats for pen knife. Thanks. I will go find out more now that you mention this lol

Yah the 2x12000 is just to Ensure I have the highest possible water volume turn over. I want that because I have a high bioload.

haha, okay bro, all the best! hope is fine so you no need to rescape the entire tank just to take our those mats! 

• SRC Supporter
haha, okay bro, all the best! hope is fine so you no need to rescape the entire tank just to take our those mats! 

Lol some minor hiccups, lost some sps, battling algae... All part n parcel for a new tank I Guess, but I'm pretty satisfied with its progress.

As for the mats, pretty easy to remove, just need to pull them out. I recently pulled one out due to a small rescape

• SRC Member

Wah, nice leh, looks like your tank had more gems since the last time I visited.

• Like 1

Tank Size: 3.5 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft
Sump: 3ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft”
Return Pump: Eheim 1264
Chiller Pump: H2Ocean Flow Pump 3000
Skimmer: Vertex Alpha 200
Wavemakers: 2 X Maxspect Gyre 130; 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP10WES, 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP40WES, 1x Jebao RW15
Filtration: Schuran Multifilter 100 (Rowa Phos), Two Little Fishies Phosban 150 Fluidised Reactor (Vertex Rox 0.8 Carbon), Enductor Fluidized Reactor- FR45 (NP Biopellets & All In One Biopellets) with Eden 140 Pump, Santa Monica Hogx1 Algae Turf Scrubber, Cheato
Calcium Reactor: Skimz CM152 with needle valve and Maxijet 600 feed Pump (CaribSea ARM Extra Coarse ,KZ Coral Gravel, Two Little Fishies Reborn, Grotech Magnesium Pro)
Dosing: Bubble Magnus Dosing Pump BM-T01 + 2 x 4 Head Expansion Accessory BM-T02
Bio Media: Marine Pure, Bacteria King, Eheim Substrat Pro, Eheim Substrat, Seachem DeNitrate, PowerHouse Hard, Polyplab Biosphere, Seachem Purigen

Chiller: JBJ Arctica Titanium Aquarium Chiller (1/3 Hp - DBE-150)
Lighting: ATI Powermodule 6 x 39 Watt T5. Solite 4 x 39 Watt T5 (Only 2 used) (Blue+ Blue+ Coral+ Purple+ Coral+ AB Special) (Blue+ Purple+)
Auto Top Up system: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off
Monitoring: 2 x Milwaukee MC 122 PH Controller (Calcium Reactor & PH Monitoring)

Substrate: CaribSea Aragamax Select

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

And so I was cleaning up my chiller yesterday and realised that it kicked in for every 2 minutes!! Panic button pressed, checked the temperature with a glass thermometer, temperature still hovering around 26 degrees. But digital temperature on chiller is fluctuating up and down in minutes. Cfm thermostat gone case.

Im using a Hailea HS90 btw. So special thanks to bro Drato, whom I got his contact from another kaki. He wired up an external temperature controller for me immediately yesterday and all at a very modest price from a very humble reefer. Glad to know that there are many steady reefers around my Neighbourhood! 

Heres some pics!

image.thumb.jpeg.3d60869ba4e144097429653image.thumb.jpeg.e428fb1ef3034b2510d7fc0image.thumb.jpeg.84a4f8f04c4cbea71217324

ps: Anyway, I will still choose hailea over any other chiller at the moment due to its performance and price level. Even with the added external temperature controller, it is still way cheaper than other brands. 

• SRC Supporter

very lucky for you! bro drato is a very experience and respectable "old bird" :P

Lucky for me indeed... stayed home the whole day to WATCH my chiller....

Very nice tank with lotsa awesome SPS! Must visit to view your tank one day!

Glad I was able to help! :)

Thanks for the help bro! Welcome you anytime~! B)