WTB: Caulerpa Prolifera / Ulva SP / Seagrass

CKS

• SRC Member

Yay!!!! It's fun!!! My prolifera not mature yet. So can't release. Will release some in future. :)

Hi Planted, yea i've wanted to buy from the shop u gotten them from but they wanted to grow them more and wasnt selling yet, hopefully can get some from you in future :)

I guess this is a very niche setup here, and yea its really fun and less stressful to maintain macro algae specialty tank. I'll be posting some photos of my setup soon after i take some decent photos :)

Bro, you can collect free of charge the local version of ulva at our local beach like east coast park.

Ulva are often washed ashore. You just need to sieve out the good ones and washed them up. Watch out for unwanted critters hitch hiking among the sea weed though.

• SRC Member

Hey! Tried freshnmarine? They got some macroalgae.:)

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"

• SRC Member

Wow thanks for the tips! do you remember what time it was when you saw them?

Bro, you can collect free of charge the local version of ulva at our local beach like east coast park.
Ulva are often washed ashore. You just need to sieve out the good ones and washed them up. Watch out for unwanted critters hitch hiking among the sea weed though.

Last i tried, they didnt want to sell because they're trying to grow more of them, shall contact them again and see how. Thank you!

Hey! Tried freshnmarine? They got some macroalgae. :)

• SRC Member

Hahah i gotten some of the green, sea grass looking ones just this evening. Chaeto they would not sell me as well. Think the red one they would too? Do fishes like tangs eat those stuff? Haha

• SRC Member

my regal tang wouldnt touch them.. haha i think alot of red commonly available in the trade are not palatable, except for the Gracilaria. I'd love to exchange some chaeto for the prolifera :heh:

alatable Palata

Hahah i gotten some of the green, sea grass looking ones just this evening. Chaeto they would not sell me as well. Think the red one they would too? Do fishes like tangs eat those stuff? Haha

• SRC Member

Haha! I remember ordering some gracilaria from marinelife last time. Not sure if they are still around.

my regal tang wouldnt touch them.. haha i think alot of red commonly available in the trade are not palatable, except for the Gracilaria. I'd love to exchange some chaeto for the prolifera :heh:

alatable Palata