It's a 1am TANK THREAD! :D *the Sequel* - 30G reef tank

MarcoVan

Introduction

Hey all,

My name is Marc and I am a "lurker" in SRC. In case nobody remembers, I used to own a 3 footer in my office and there was a tank thread () on it before everything went downhill because of a power outage. Fast forward 4 years from that eventful day, I have successfully moved my setup back home , went through countless of planning and do-it-yourself works, bad tank and sump designs and power outages before finally arriving at something decent by my standards. :yahoo:

Today, my display is a 24" x 16" x 12" tank made by Coral Reef Aquarium. Together with its sister, a 20" x 14.5" x 14" sump, also a CRA-made tank, they throw out ~30G of water volume whilst sitting atop a Aquarium-Artist made brown cabinet.

List of equipment used:

• Lighting: 6 x 24w ATI Sunpower
  • Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350
  • Return: H2Ocean 2000
  • Calcium Reactor: H&S Type 110-F1000IA
  • Wave-maker: Ecotech MP10wES
  • Computer Monitoring: Neptune Apex (for monitoring of pH inside the CR - slowly expanding it to maximise its functions ;)

For this setup, I am planning to continue with my mixed reef style - zoanthids and acans running in between the SPS. Hopefully this time around, I can also resist the temptation to overcrowd my tank :blush:

Guess that's all for now... I will slowly follow up with pictures of the inhabitants and discussions on filtration methods I am going to employ...

Thank you for checking in!

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Macrovan a name very familiar with a lot of reefers who has been around for sometimes.. Love to see more of your tank as yours is always full of surprise (good and bad) your experience is a good learning curve for a lot of reefers even myself. Looking forward ️ thread added to fav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Supporter

haloooo Marco~! care to share your lighting period and tubes arrangement for your sunpower?

Just got myself a sunpower too, but its the dimmable version. Still taking references to find a good lighting period for my light set :)

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

haloooo Marco~! care to share your lighting period and tubes arrangement for your sunpower?

Just got myself a sunpower too, but its the dimmable version. Still taking references to find a good lighting period for my light set :)

Thank you for dropping by dinGdinG.

My lighting schedule is from 4pm to 12 midnight for the 4 main tubes and 4pm to 12:30am for the other 2 tubes.

My light arrangement as follows:

Front

Blue+

Blue+

Coral+

AB Special - Planning to swop this out for a Purple+

Blue+

Blue+

You will achieve a 12k look with this bulb arrangement and types used...

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Hi bro, finally see u start a new thread after so long. Subscribed to ur thread!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

It's been so many days without and update or pic.... I think his tank is "in his mind", should consider deleting this post

On a serious note, Some pics pls leh...

• Like 1

:: just a noob ::