Flame angel with ick

• SRC Member

Hi guys. My two weeks old flame angel is on and off having ick. I had treated it with methylene blue and it looks better, but then after I placed it into the display tank, the ick outbreak, and now it's covered with ich, almost fully. Anyone has relevant experience to clear ick on flame angel? Please kindly share with me. Thanks

• SRC Member

Treatment of ich takes about 4 to 8 weeks depending on your treatment method. If u catch your flame angel out from display tank to treat and put it back to the display tank after treatment, it will get ich again cos your display tank is already infected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Hi guys. My two weeks old flame angel is on and off having ick. I had treated it with methylene blue and it looks better, but then after I placed it into the display tank, the ick outbreak, and now it's covered with ich, almost fully. Anyone has relevant experience to clear ick on flame angel? Please kindly share with me. Thanks

this may be a painstaking process but the only way to fully solve the problem is to empty all livestock completely for at least a month. copper help but most likely wont 100% solve the problem.