RBTA Guidance

AppleholicKen

• SRC Member

Hi all reefers,

When i first started out my 2ft nano tank, i only had live rocks and sand.

Flitration wise, its a back overflow tank, so I'm having standard sponge, bio balls, ceramic pills and a protein skimmer

Running on LED lights only ~ Temp no fan , only air con at night as it sits in my room so when I'm home there is air con.

Question here !

After less than one month of cycling my tank, i decided to get a pair of clownfish as starter fish and then i was tempted to get a RBTA to go with it.

P.S its not my first tank

And so yes i did it, went back home, drip acclimate the RBTA and threw the pair of clownfish into the same bag to get them use to it before placing them into the tank after an hour or so of acclimating. Results are the RBTA was doing well, first few days it went hiding but later it came out, clownfishes are hosting it great !

Throughout the months i notice the bubbles are not that bubble anymore ! i suspect my parameters are not good which i agree my system is quite lousy

5 months passes, its still doing fine, all open up feeding on mysis, rotifer mixed. Sadly clownfish dies due to ich as i introduce in a blue tang...

That where my RBTA starts to get cranky !! it moves a little higher to a spot for 2 weeks, than now its behind a rock but opening up on the edge hanging out there prettily 

My concerns are, my RBTA tends to close and opens up a lot ! sometimes in bloats up, mouth open, bleaching color and tentacles are not bubbly. But sometimes it looks great ?

It has been about 6 months since I've got it, i didn't expect it to be so hardy but i still can't really figure it out. it didn't grew much but it did not move around the entire tank, going upside down or mouth opening all the time. Most of the time its wide open, mouth close. clownfish swims near it, rubbing it very loving.

I do 10% weekly water changes, filter sponge changes

Was planning to upgrade my LED lights to better one ? and also re introduce a new pair of clownfish ? 

Also can i get another bigger RBTA as previously my clownfish tends to fight a lot for it as its really a small anemone which can only fit one in it. 

Edited by AppleholicKen

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

What is the amount of food will considered enough for the rbta if feed once a week?

Asking cause recently acquire 1 free rbta for a nice reefer. I fed once a week ago n it's tentacles deflated n shrink on the 7 days.

I quickly feed it when it open a little bit when lights are out.

Now it looks more normal after the feed. Am concern the amount of food to feed once a week or shld I feed mote than once. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• SRC Supporter

Anemone typically do better in medium to high light. Their bubble tips will be pointy in higher light. In lower light, the tentacles tend to look deflated.

I feed mine 1 slice of ~ 0.5cm slice of market prawn meat once a week. 

They will do fine if you feed 1-3 times a week. Give them 1-2 days to digest :)

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• 1 year later...