My Reefing Chronicles 2

Admiraltian

Hi Reefers,

I've decided to chronicle my new tank in a a brand new thread. Going for full sps this time around. Will reveal the list of my equipments in due time, though some of them are actually from my old tank & 2nd stuffs. Will upgrade when the need arise. Will also shift the 5 remaining fishes to my new tank although not advisable but I just can't bear to let them go. Lol

Without further ado, here's a drawing of my new tank. Pls comment and give advise but now maybe too late to make changes as tank will be arriving in this sat. Haha...

image.thumb.jpeg.9217183e4c4749d30ec5bb8

image.thumb.jpeg.b02a324719254ce11bcb07f

Edited by Admiraltian
  • Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Great, keep the updates coming!

Thks for the support, bro. Hope I can give this thread as adequate update as possible.

Wow wow.. look like an awesome project in the making

Haha, nothing of that sort. Not up to that standard yet. Hopefully I can achieved that for  my new tank.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

This blueprint is an indication of great things to come

Hopefully so if all things goes to plan, bro

OMG  .. another bean animal system upcoming

Yes it is!! Haha...

Nice! I like the in sump auto top up reservoir. How does the bubble trap work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sump will have 4 compartments so by the time water flow thru the bubble trap which will acts as a baffle to minimize bubbles going to the last compartment where the return pumps are located. 

Some infor abt my new tank. It's made by Iwarna using their tank maker, Ah Heng. Tank dimension will be 48"x22"x22" display with front side crystal glass, 12mm thickness. Sump is kinda like I copied a little from Royal exclusiv dream box design & also getting advises from some of my reefing bros.

Went to Iwarna to choose my rockscape which I will be using Aquaroche ones. (Piece of mind, no hitchhikers & pests!!)

Here a pic of the dry scape at Iwarna store...

image.thumb.jpeg.8f59c7c7bc06b2ba83469b2

So far quite satisfied with this scape. Pls give comments, thks.

• SRC Member

Some infor abt my new tank. It's made by Iwarna using their tank maker, Ah Heng. Tank dimension will be 48"x22"x22" display with front side crystal glass, 12mm thickness. Sump is kinda like I copied a little from Royal exclusiv dream box design & also getting advises from some of my reefing bros.

Went to Iwarna to choose my rockscape which I will be using Aquaroche ones. (Piece of mind, no hitchhikers & pests!!)

Here a pic of the dry scape at Iwarna store...

image.thumb.jpeg.8f59c7c7bc06b2ba83469b2

So far quite satisfied with this scape. Pls give comments, thks.

It's great bro!

• Like 1

Display Tank: 3x2x2 feet (12mm Crystal Glass)

Sump Tank: 2.5 feet with 4 compartments

"Reef Maniac - Ninja: Fish and Coral don't wait for you!"

Who is your new tank maker this time round?

Iwarna's Ah Heng.

It's great bro!

Great rockscape bro, looks very natural.. Nicely done!

Thanks, bros.

Some update. Tank arrived as scheduled on Saturday morning but first have to decom & clear out old tank.

image.thumb.jpeg.7d342c5788a70a13fa7dbc4

Water drained and livestock removed to temp holding styrofoam box.

image.thumb.jpeg.a04c56bbe0c979897b18a25

Heng and his co worker bringing cabinet in first.

image.thumb.jpeg.3d64561571d5f9296b3b441I chose black duchess laminate for my cabinet.

image.thumb.jpeg.1d8424a2792decd4f3d5f14Ventilation box up for compressor chiller.

image.thumb.jpeg.a5f98cda062d127f8d6ace8Display tank arriving at my door.

image.thumb.jpeg.7cf5777404c638e252aa96f

Heavy tank, need 3 persons to lift and carefully place on top of cabinet.

image.thumb.jpeg.505049f449d1a24985569c2

Fixing up 3 durso for bean animal.

image.thumb.jpeg.795da715bdc406254240f7d

Ah Heng doing rest of the plumbing.

image.thumb.jpeg.42c50791fd970636a69edfb

Special grade reef sand & aquaroche ceramic rocks in!!

image.thumb.jpeg.497afc071935ca98ce44277Installing giesemann bracket for hanging my lights. Turn out to be too short. Need to add an extension rod to it. Have to do another day then.

image.thumb.jpeg.1dbfc0a625b6eac0be5b6c1

Iwarna's Karthi putting water in & Compressor guy also came to install my Dalkin 1hp compressor chiller. Water is mixed with rodi using Royal Nature synthetic salt.

image.thumb.jpeg.575a5abb05591faf85b2bb6 Coil is in.

image.thumb.jpeg.19fd601d81cad5e161b2156 

Setting thermostat to kick in at 27deg and out at 26deg. Really fast in cooling. Abt 1-2 hrs to cool down from 29deg to 26deg. Can further improve efficiency by improving flow in the coil compartment as advised by Derrick either by adding circulating pump or a plastic sheet between skimmer compartment baffle and coil to deter flow into coil compartment. Flow is too direct in from skimmer compartment according to him. 

Edited by Admiraltian

Continued...

image.thumb.jpeg.98c1934c7b89c3d02b7b9c8Using 2 jebao dc9000 pumps.image.thumb.jpeg.7c8fe37123f0079dabc9fcbUsing Skimz RR113 to run aio pellet. So hv to fix the pellets clumping together problem. Nv soak my pellets haha.image.thumb.jpeg.d720ebd01a954113fa7ecdf

Pic of my sump. Inspired by Royal exclusiv dream box & Trigger systems tideline series sump designs. Still have some tidying up to do. Using bk my old skimmer, Deltec sc1455.image.thumb.jpeg.9dbb109ac9113cbbf5525f1

Kaisu a bit here. One way valve to prevent water to back flow into sump from display.

image.thumb.jpeg.0baff20aea549325586b9aaFts for now. Now question is to cycle or not to cycle? My 5 old fishes, one red plate and some remaining cuc are back in. Using back 10% old tank water & some remaining old LR and added some liquid bacteria. Light not align directly above DT as bracket too short. Tank maker will come bk to fix another day. Btw I using my old 3ft lights. Looked a bit weird now on the 4ft tank but bo bian cos pocket burnt one hole liao. Maybe my target next upgrade, lol.

Edited by Admiraltian

Noooooo your tank arrive so fast when you order it :((( nice tank emoji106.png

Didn't know ah Heng do bean animal

Abt a mth ago thru Iwarna's Justin. For it has to be convenient to me at the same time as I want do all one shot. But now I starting to think it's not a very gd idea after all. Newbies dun learn from me. Haha... Was in discussion with Justin for quite long though to iron out most details before committing. Tank built takes abt 3-4wks. Ah Heng does bean animal. No wonder he said only abt 10 customers  ask him do bean animal. Publicity not enough!! Haha...

Edited by Admiraltian

Juz realized my bean animal is done wrongly. Iwarna guys will come & rectify today.

shouldn't they be the subject expert? since they are in this industry. just wondering.

Juz some misunderstanding. The tank maker still able to fix the problem.

Edited by Admiraltian

Can share what's done wrongly so we can look out for it in future ?

The height of the durso is wrong. Main durso is on the left shd be lower as it act as main & full siphon and drain pipe, middle durso which acts as open channel is higher with air tube on top cover. Air tubing shd be curl down to above main durso on the left. When water level rises too much & block the hole of the tubing, the air tube helps to drain water down to original water level fast to become full siphon piping. Right durso is correct except for the air tube.

image.jpeg

Photo courtesy of sherilyn91. Hope u dun mind I used them.

Edited by Admiraltian

• SRC Member
The height of the durso is wrong. Main durso is on the left shd be lower as it act as main & full siphon and drain pipe, middle durso which acts as open channel is higher with air tube on top cover. Air tubing shd be curl down to above main durso on the left. When water level rises too much & block the hole of the tubing, the air tube helps to drain water down to original water level fast to become full siphon piping. Right durso is correct except for the air tube.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2015_11/image.jpeg.5cbbb4ffface9721041cd57fb526cb0c.jpeg

Photo courtesy of sherilyn91. Hope u dun mind I used them.

No worries.. Most impt is to educate other reefers on bean animal..

• SRC Member
so the tank maker is not familiar with such setup? coz if he does, then he should be able to point out the error. glad u discovered it, nice info.

It is only a small issue in the pipe arrangement and can be rectify easily..

so the tank maker is not familiar with such setup? coz if he does, then he should be able to point out the error. glad u discovered it, nice info.

It is only a small issue in the pipe arrangement and can be rectify easily..

Yes, small issues, no worries. Tank maker coming later to fix.