Hong Kong

xeneryx

Hi Guys,

Just came back from HK and was really amazed by the lfs.

Its really a heaven for marine lovers especially fish lover like me.
A shop can easily hold 100 scribbles, another 100 personifer and the list goes on and on.

Needless to say, they have the most collections of queens i have seen.

I have never seen such huge koran, king, scribble before in my life.

What really amaze me is actually the price. Its is really cheap there compare to the market over here in singapore.

I wished i could take more pic for u guys but some shops do not allow it and they watch me pretty carefully.

I bought back a queen and an earspot. Wanted more but my flight time wasnt in my favour.

2pza9ar.jpg

a57xbc.jpg

2ln7ssg.jpg

nyb2v4.jpg

2e2o4kl.jpg

t68n6h.jpg

dwuaeb.jpg

e0ismh.jpg

1ihjcw.jpg

2cyn1gx.jpg

24fa4jn.jpg

1z4c2lk.jpg

2ltkgud.jpg

rax8r8.jpg

2qk8nxf.jpg

fatx6s.jpg

3466uiq.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

• SRC Member

did u bring back any?
I am going back to Myanmar next week.
i heard there very cheap LPS and SPS

thikning of bring back some softies and frags

any idea how ?

Display tank+ Build in sump : 24" x 15 x 13 (6mm High Clarity Low Iron Glass ) Nuvo Nano 20

Lightings : Innovative marine skyy light (6x3 watt) x 2

Chiiler : Hailea HS 28a (set @26 C)

skimmer : innovative Ghost protein skimmer

Reactor : coming soon .. :)

Wave Maker : Boyu wave maker wm 15

• SRC Member

yes. I did. 

Just check in. Make sure not over 3 litres

Nice, i am gonna bring in lots of zoans frag !! XD

Display tank+ Build in sump : 24" x 15 x 13 (6mm High Clarity Low Iron Glass ) Nuvo Nano 20

Lightings : Innovative marine skyy light (6x3 watt) x 2

Chiiler : Hailea HS 28a (set @26 C)

skimmer : innovative Ghost protein skimmer

Reactor : coming soon .. :)

Wave Maker : Boyu wave maker wm 15

• SRC Member

wow! just the post that i was looking for, will be in hongkong in a few days, wanna buy some frags and maybe some fish, care to share what you brought back and how did you keep them alive? thx

Edited by true percula

Normally I'll ask them not to pump so tightly as the pressure my burst the bag. However they are pro at doing it. And I'll normally make sure the bags are surrounded by my clothes and no sharp object. Make sure they don't move around in the luggage. Also ensure that no matter how u tilt the bag, the fish will be covered with water.

Fish street in HK is pretty exciting ;) fishes generally are cheaper than SG. You can find nice zoas at good rates too. Check out the ones that's not on street level. There are a few buildings with a few LFS within the same block. If u are in luck, sometimes there's nice Aussie sps and rainbow acan shipment. But of cuz, u supposedly can't bring back hard corals. Good to see and appreciate e price diff. Check out reef channel coral club. Show tank is pretty cool!

image.jpg

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

• SRC Member

Fish street in HK is pretty exciting ;) fishes generally are cheaper than SG. You can find nice zoas at good rates too. Check out the ones that's not on street level. There are a few buildings with a few LFS within the same block. If u are in luck, sometimes there's nice Aussie sps and rainbow acan shipment. But of cuz, u supposedly can't bring back hard corals. Good to see and appreciate e price diff. Check out reef channel coral club. Show tank is pretty cool!

oh, there is a rule that we cant bring back hard corals?

oh, there is a rule that we cant bring back hard corals?

yup. Hard corals u will need CITES license from both countries. With e license u can bring back 5 pc per pax. But it's a troublesome process n cost too I think 

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

• SRC Member

image.jpg

nice collection of angels...it must have cost you quite a fortune. Cheers

• SRC Member
Fish street in HK is pretty exciting  fishes generally are cheaper than SG. You can find nice zoas at good rates too. Check out the ones that's not on street level. There are a few buildings with a few LFS within the same block. If u are in luck, sometimes there's nice Aussie sps and rainbow acan shipment. But of cuz, u supposedly can't bring back hard corals. Good to see and appreciate e price diff. Check out reef channel coral club. Show tank is pretty cool!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2015_11/image.jpg.7d87bb48722acd4665c40e6774f52af1.jpg

Yup, bought some zoas mainly yellow and blue , good patterns abt S$ 20-40 for a small colony .

very nice lps 60% of which I don't think we can find here. Excellent higher-mid range , but no spectacular pieces . Good value of money. But corals mainly in one shop , one or two others have some, but not a lot , mostly average.The shops here have a lot more stock in general than the ones in sg

Saw a few large bn frags I really wanted to buy, haven't seen much big frags or even colonies of bn back here. Bought magnetic magnifying glass/glass cleaner. Didn't buy any fish as the shop owner didn't think that they would survive the trip back as I'm flying back tmr

Sent from my pigeon using Tapatalk

• Like 1