Is Caribsea south sea base rock easy to work with?

argonmt

• SRC Supporter

It depends what dry base rock you are using? Some branded dry rocks is pre cured which you can put into the tank directly while dead rock from drying is better to cured it first.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Caribsea South Sea Base Rock

Top quality Phillipine base rock, clean and nicely sized from baseball to softball size

South Seas Lace Rock is a great new aquascaping rock that we are excited to be offering. South Seas had much more structure than any other commonly available aquascaping rock and is much more porous than other as well. South Seas is a calcium carbonate base rock that is very similar to actual reef rock and at one point actually was, although it is obtained terrestrially from ancient coral reefs underground. South Seas will make the perfect alternative to live rock or can provide a very attractive base for live rock.

"at one point it actually was" i think it dead rock once alive.. I use them, i soak it with ro/di water, wet try them for a couple of days in a bin. I do suspect its leaking out some nutrients, brownish water. But after a few days with rowaphos, brown water gone.

For my caribsea Life rock, I add them directly to the tank without washing as I scaped the rocks without water and epoxied the rocks together in the tank without water. However, the tank turn slightly cloudy while adding in water, could be due to the live sand.

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8