Does Sun Corals have to be fed mouth by mouth?

RAV-65

Poll : Does Sun Corals have to be fed mouth by mouth?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Poll : Does Sun Corals have to be fed mouth by mouth?

• Yes
    • No

it better to feed individually as some may not get the food. i got two suncoral and some of the coral at the lower parts never got fed and die so i believe it do not share the "stomach"..that what i think

I'm still a newbie so if i'm wrong pls dun scold me hor.. :P

• SRC Member

Definitely...if you want to see them sustaining and growing...Mine has grown quite a bit eversince I fed them with variety of food...eg, cyclops, mysis, minute-sized shrimpmeat and squid, Ocean Nutrition Formula Two pellets and also live brine shrimps...all they savour with gusto... :P

For the last item, I always wonder how it is like for them as the brineshrimps are still alive as they are 'swallowing'... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
i feed mine with cyclopeeze every day. so far no problem. :)

maybe my eyesight not good enough, but i can't see them catch the cyclopeeze.... even when i syringe it right ontop of them. j maybe they catch a few floating around before the fish get them all.

Gotta physically give them a worm or shrimp.... :pinch: hand also shake after so many polyps

• SRC Member
i use to have 1,but i nv see them opening up.. than how to feed?

When you feed your fishes frozen brine shrimp, the sun corals will 'smell' the brine shrimp juice and after a few days of feeding eventually fully open up.

Or you can just continue squirting its food on it like once a day or once in two days and eventually they'll learn to open up.

• 3 years later...