150w V 250w MH lighting

• SRC Member
It’s funny how everyone says 400w is the way to go. I think it is a myth that you have to have 400w halide to get great colours.

There are tests out that confirm that 250w double ended is almost as bright as a 400w halide.

Even if you have a tank that is 23 inches deep, who keeps their acros at the bottom; most are at the top of the tank.

I have used 400w and did not notice much difference in colours or growth.

Most Germans used 250w lamps and their acros look fantastic. I have a friend that uses 150w and his acros are a very nice colour and he gets great growth..

It’s funny how everyone says 400w is the way to go. I think it is a myth that you have to have 400w halide to get great colours.

Who said tat :lol: ...Even if u were to run a 1000W MH doesn't gurantee coloration. Lots of factors involvin coloration in sps.

There are tests out that confirm that 250w double ended is almost as bright as a 400w halide.

True...but note, its a DE=double ended. 400W is SE=single ended. The issue with DE is the hassle to get UV glass especially for those tat do DIY. Unless u tokin abt those branded like Giessman, Acardia.....they MH set comes with UV glass but there r one reefer who still get his acro burn due to those bulbs and not forgettin the price of this brand.

Even if you have a tank that is 23 inches deep, who keeps their acros at the bottom; most are at the top of the tank.

Who dun,... have a browse thru the site....pple like AT, Morgan, Joe P, me have acros at the bottom of the tank. Most pple keep sps at the top coz they knw they r light demanding and their lighting is not sufficient. A 150W user would definitely knw tat by placing his sps at the top will expose them to more light than the bottom.

I have used 400w and did not notice much difference in colours or growth. Most Germans used 250w lamps and their acros look fantastic. I have a friend that uses 150w and his acros are a very nice colour and he gets great growth.

There r more to gettin good growth and coloration than juz lightin alone. Lightin juz play a part but its not everythin. ;)

Cheers :lol:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.