Brightwell aquatics microbactor7 & Biofuel

Patrick

• SRC Member

Got the the advice from ken (madpetz), tried and proven it works. Takes about 2 weeks to bring down nitrate to undetectable.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

question.. Although Mb7 is the bac source, while biofuel is their food to grow the bac population. Can dosing mb7 alone bring down nitrates?

• SRC Member

question.. Although Mb7 is the bac source, while biofuel is their food to grow the bac population. Can dosing mb7 alone bring down nitrates?

mb7 is bacteria, biofuel = carbon dosing.. This two elements is needed if u have high nitrates and po4. Bactrial dosing alone is minimal

Teh'sTankSetup Decomm on 18/8/2012

Tank: 2x1x1 Rimless Tank (Sumpless)

Lighting: Aquazonic 2x24watts T5 (Actinic x Sun White)

Moonlight: Acardia 1W Led Light (Blue)

Filter: ISTA Max Care Cannister

Skimmer: Bubble Magus E3

Chiller: Resun CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Wave: Boyu WM-25

Commissioned 20/9/2012

Tank: 3x2x2.5

Lighting: 250w DeLighting MH/ 2x 39w Delighting Diy T5 ATI Blue Plus

Skimmer: H&S Skimmer Type 110-F2000

Chiller: CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Reactor: D&D H2Ocean FMR 75 (ADA 1500 Pump)(Rowaphos)

Wavemaker: 2x SunSun Wavemaker (3000L)

Incoming:

Conch ll Basic

ATO System/Tunze Osmolator

Magic Marine 3CH Dosing Pump

• SRC Supporter

For microbacter7 - Bacteria

• If you have medium to high nutrients (assume 5ppm or more), dose 5ml per 100L of tank water daily.
  • If you have low nutrients (assume 2ppm or less), 5ml per 200L weekly.

For Bio Fuel (carbon source to feed bacteria)

• Medium to high nutrients (5ppm or more) - 5ml per 200L daily
  • Low nutrient system (2ppm or less) - 5ml per 400L daily

Other points :

• Ideally, both Microbacter7 & Bio Fuel be used together for maximum effect as many have mentioned earlier.
  • If you are already running biopellets (carbon source), the bio fuel is not required. From what i've seen, an overdose of carbon may fuel cyano bacteria.
  • If for any reason you do not want to dose carbon (eg bad cyano situation), then its OK to just dose "more" microbacter 7 only. => adding more bacteria instead of feeding with carbon source for it to self reproduce
  • For nitrates to be reduced, you need to have some level of phosphates in the water (it cannot be zero). 
  • Skimmer should be switched off for a few hours to maximize effect. Not let additives be skimmed out too quickly.
  • Overdose symptom (bacteria bloom) will be cloudy water or spider web like stuff on the glass. Generally harmless which will go away after a few days. 

Edited by SubzeroLT

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member

Reply from Brightwell:
For a low dose add 1 Drop per gallon of Microbacter7 1 time per week & 1 drop per gallon of Reef BioFuel 1 time per week. Thank you for using our products.

thanks for this... Looks like I'm overdosing the mb7

• SRC Member

thanks for this... Looks like I'm overdosing the mb7

I also asked BA if 1 drop of MB and BF per day rather than 10 drops at one go per week is ok. They replied it's ok. My concern was 10 drops all at one go maybe too much for tank to handle.

I once dosed too much bacteria of a local brand thinking its good idea since I was traveling and would be away for two weeks, when I came back all the corals melted except zoas.

• SRC Member

I tried about 8 drops yesterday, things seem ok.... Anyway can share why overdose of bacteria can cause corals to melt? Could it be 'bad bacteria'?

• SRC Member

I tried about 8 drops yesterday, things seem ok.... Anyway can share why overdose of bacteria can cause corals to melt? Could it be 'bad bacteria'?

I read lots of articles and rightly or wrongly came to the understanding it is probably bacteria bloom and affected LPS.