Let there be light... and there was light... (a mini-review of the Zetlight 6600)

superio

Dear bros and sisters,

Just to share my initial thoughts on my newly purchased Zetlight 6600 for my 3-feet tank.

I was deciding between the Maxspect R420R and the Zetlight 6600, but after much consideration and reading reviews online, I made up my mind and went ahead to purchase the Zetlight 6600 from The Fish Channel on 3 March 2016.

The product came in a box that was nicely packaged and easy for me to carry home. Setting up the light took a bit of time, and I spent about 1 hour plus to mount the 6600 onto my 3 feet tank. The set-up guide given in the instruction manual was very helpful, and I could have spent more time on the assembling if not for the guide.

A remote control was included, which was easy to use. I managed to find out how to use all the functions after exploring and testing for half an hour or so. I also opted for a WSA100 wifi switch which enabled me to control the zetlight 6600 via an app on my mobile phone. Had some problems connecting the lights to the wifi switch at the start, and the chinese instructions that was included in the wifi switch box did not help at all. Hence, I whatsapp the guys at The Fish Channel for assistance. I would like to thank the guys (Dennis and Kellvin) from the Fish Channel for their patience in guiding me on how to set it up properly.

Now I'm a happy user of zetlight 6600. I hope my fish, shrimps, soft corals, LPS, and anemone will enjoy the new lighting in their home! Will update on the performance of this light on the well-being and health of my corals in time to come.

Thank you for reading my very first mini-review in the forum!

:)

• 1 month later...