2 clownfish hosting one petite anemone!

superio

Dear Bros and Sis,

Came home from work this evening and witnessed the following phenomenon...

https://vimeo.com/158031352

My questions are:

1) will the 2 clownfish fight for the anemone and result in injuries and eventually casualties? Not sure if they are paired clownfish, but they have been in my tank together for 1.5-2 months and they had been swimming close to each other before the anemone was introduced.

2) will this stress the anemone, causing an impact on its health? If yes, what would you do if you were me? Need advice please.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

Hope the below helps reduce your worry.

1) From that video, the 2 clownfishes are not fighting and in fact are getting along very well.  99% sure they are paired, with the larger clown being the female.

2) If the clowns get too rough on the anemone, yes, there is a chance anemone could get injured.  But looking at the video, the anemone seems to be still ok now.  Is that the full size of the anemone?  Or has it greatly reduced in size due to the clownfishes?  Monitor the anemone carefully for signs of prolonged stress and damage.  If it does happen, try to isolate the anemone from the clowns for a while for it to recover.

I had the same worry as you when I first got my RBTA. The female clown was larger than the RBTA at first, but the RBTA survived and grown bigger since.

Hi bro,

Hope the below helps reduce your worry.

1) From that video, the 2 clownfishes are not fighting and in fact are getting along very well.  99% sure they are paired, with the larger clown being the female.

2) If the clowns get too rough on the anemone, yes, there is a chance anemone could get injured.  But looking at the video, the anemone seems to be still ok now.  Is that the full size of the anemone?  Or has it greatly reduced in size due to the clownfishes?  Monitor the anemone carefully for signs of prolonged stress and damage.  If it does happen, try to isolate the anemone from the clowns for a while for it to recover.

I had the same worry as you when I first got my RBTA. The female clown was larger than the RBTA at first, but the RBTA survived and grown bigger since.

Thanks bro, for the reply!

So glad to hear that it should be ok.

Yes, it's the full size of the anemone.

I'll continue to monitor. Thks again!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...