3ft shallow reefs ocean

Kelvin Ang

• SRC Member

After using 2 different brand of test kit 527509f899bf30b18e3d5eb43d49da5c.jpg8306132a585cca35b44aee2a8069fdc7.jpg

My water test both is

calcium 190

Dkh 4

Mag 1280

No3 0ppm

Po4 0.025ppm

Omg I need to buy a calcium reactor soon !!!!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
Never try SEA hare? 

I have lots of HA also. I bought a black Sea hare from Marine Life and everything settle

I saw sea hares too but it looks very girly..... I scare it bite me

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
your parameter is way out. Doing a major water change with a good Salt would help to rectify it fast.

I'm waiting to put a cr reactor in soon . I'm been busy with boss this week . Now no stock for good salt . Need to wait new stock arrive next month

• SRC Member
CR more for maintaining the level. To bring up the calcium and alkalinity, dosing will be faster. Or do large water change.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Thx bro . Noted . Now I'm waiting for new salt stock so I can do a large water change. Hehe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice setup bro. Glad to see another zeovit user! Good thing is Zeovit much more accessible and readily available now adays.

Heres my suggestions, like HM mentioned, u need to do a large water change to bring the CA and Alk up.

Alternatively, u can dose premixed CA and Alk directly into the tank, do a slow drip method over a couple of days. I used to use this brand called ESV B-ionic 2 part. Its the best remedy to bring your ca and alk back to where u want it, followed by tuning your CR to maintain the ideal parameters. This method will be your best friend when it comes to using a CR. 

Personally, I'll hold off adding any new sps for now, until you get ur parameters in placed. Because u dont want to get disheartened when u start seeing corals stn/rtn. Its a painful learning process, which hopefully you wont go through. 

Your light set seems a bit small in length, and I understand you are looking for a shallow tank set up. My advise is maybe u can lower the light set slightly more. This will get u additional PAR since your scape is rather low. Put the high light demanding corals i.e Majority SPS, centralised in the tank, with the less demanding corals around it i.e LPS , Birdnest, digitata etc. Futher down the road, you can consider supplementing with leds, The AI prime looks like it can easily be customised to fit onto the T5, 2 x AI prime will be sweet. But that can come later. 

Stick with the basic 4 for now, or if u really wan, u can start dosing Amino Acids and Coral vitaliser (no po4). 

Whatever you decide to dose, dose in small quantities and observe a few days. Thats the best way to go about with zeovit. 

Enjoy ur tank!

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member
Very nice setup bro. Glad to see another zeovit user! Good thing is Zeovit much more accessible and readily available now adays.

Heres my suggestions, like HM mentioned, u need to do a large water change to bring the CA and Alk up.

Alternatively, u can dose premixed CA and Alk directly into the tank, do a slow drip method over a couple of days. I used to use this brand called ESV B-ionic 2 part. Its the best remedy to bring your ca and alk back to where u want it, followed by tuning your CR to maintain the ideal parameters. This method will be your best friend when it comes to using a CR. 

Personally, I'll hold off adding any new sps for now, until you get ur parameters in placed. Because u dont want to get disheartened when u start seeing corals stn/rtn. Its a painful learning process, which hopefully you wont go through. 

Your light set seems a bit small in length, and I understand you are looking for a shallow tank set up. My advise is maybe u can lower the light set slightly more. This will get u additional PAR since your scape is rather low. Put the high light demanding corals i.e Majority SPS, centralised in the tank, with the less demanding corals around it i.e LPS , Birdnest, digitata etc. Futher down the road, you can consider supplementing with leds, The AI prime looks like it can easily be customised to fit onto the T5, 2 x AI prime will be sweet. But that can come later. 

Stick with the basic 4 for now, or if u really wan, u can start dosing Amino Acids and Coral vitaliser (no po4). 

Whatever you decide to dose, dose in small quantities and observe a few days. Thats the best way to go about with zeovit. 

Enjoy ur tank!

Thx you zeovit shifu . I will do small dosing and use the basic 4 till I hit UNLS for the water .