• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Close-up on pink pocci... :P

Wah Vincent!

Nice colours man! Don't forget me when my tank set up hor! :P

Cheers! :lol:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

After being "questioned" by Wa Lanz and another reefer today, came home and did a little test... and I'm pleased to announced :

Ladies & Gentlemen, for the 1st time in 1.5 years since I started reefing, my nitrates is undetectable!!!!!!!

I know it's no big deal to many reefers, but if u have followed my tank thread, I use to battle nitrates that was "unchartable"... tink it was >100ppm at one time due to my over-confidence... also, this is achieved without the use of a DSB or refugium....:P

Please dun get me wrong, I'm not saying DSB no good... but...

Actually I'm using a plenum system... nitrate reading was still about 2ppm about 1.5 months ago, cant confirm whether it's the plenum kick in, or the newly added ozone generator, but I'm delirious! :D :D :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Congratulation! At last..... the time you spent on building the plenum is not wasted :lol:

Bro, thanxs for helping me setup the plenum in the 1st place... dunno a sxxt about setting up plenums if not for you... :P You're my plenum mentor... Hopefully anyone who reads this and tink of setting up one will bombard u instead of me! :whistle

Come to tink of it, does dat mean I have to sell my clams?! :blink:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

congrats.. :yeah: u really tempting me into getting an ozone... im in the exact situation as u used to.. hovering at 2ppm and nv b4 had undectectable nitrates <_<

Bro, this is the 2nd time I'm using ozone after the 1st one, a Redsea Ozonsier was "eaten" up by ozone after less than 6 months... tink u should go for it...

There's a lengthy thread in RC ozone that u may wanna read up about it :

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...highlight=ozone

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro, this is the 2nd time I'm using ozone after the 1st one, a Redsea Ozonsier was "eaten" up by ozone after less than 6 months... tink u should go for it...

There's a lengthy thread in RC ozone that u may wanna read up about it :

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...highlight=ozone

Bro, what does 'eaten up' mean ah?? :blink::blink: Don't scare me leh. Was thinking of getting a Red Sea.

• SRC Member
Simple torch coral with luminous green tips bought for $25... Actually added it into my tank coz my Dad loves these "swaying" corals... he cant pronounce euphyllia... :D

Put them in with a wavebox and see them wave at you...... :eyebrow:

I've personally seen one gorgeous tank with all lps and when they sway to the movement of oceanic wave......."no word can describe that feeling" :ooh: