This gonna be very interesting journey , I never thought that I would ever document my reefing journey. But would definitely give a big thank you to SRC forum admins and all the sponsors for coming up with this initiative to encourage all of us to more actively participate and share part of out life in these mini threads.
First of all let me give a brief introduction about my reefing journey.
- I started reefing roughly around October 2018. ( yet to reach the 2 year milestone )
- Equipment :
Innovative Marine Lagoon 25 ( its a 25g small tank perfect for a beginner ) IM Nano Ghost Skimmer ( not the best in the market , but not the worse too ) Eheim Canister Filter ( All mechanical filtration removed ) China brand wavemaker which I eventually changed to a Nero ( one of the most expensive equipment I bought to this date, But no regrets because Nero is a work horse) Eheim Return pump ( Which I had with me during freshwater tank ) HS-28a Chiller ( Its really decent and so far been treating me well , not that noisy or maybe I'm use to it ) My very first light was a white LED light i used on my Arowana tank (Initially I wasn't sure if i wanna spend a lot of money on light with wide spectrum and it took sometime for me to read and understand before i got myself a second hand AI Prime HD ) Last but not Least , Im using a very old table as my cabinet for the tank ( Which is in use to this date and those who know me been bugging me to change it to a proper cabinet (For safety) , but hey sometimes I can be a bit stubborn. . ) Well we all have gone through that phase where the tank is empty and you see all the reefers posting their nice tanks and you wonder " How in the world " gonna fill my tank. Give it sometime and you will be telling yourself " I NEED A BIGGER TANK "
If anyone have any questions regarding the equipment, feel free to comment and I will try my best to explain to the best of my knowledge.
my tank look as of 16th Oct 2018 :
Hi all, recently set up a nice fuval edge converted reef but have to let go to pay for other stuff. Plug and play with HOB filter, Nano chiller and AI PRIME lights on. Tank set is good enough to support Mixed reef as it is currently supporting it. Prefer to sell as whole or if keen on any coral please let me know. Thank you!
Whole set includes
1. 6 gal fluval edge tank set with filter -100
2. Ai prime non HD - 180
3. Al60 nano chiller - 60
4. 1 big frag red monti - 30
5. 1 big frag fist size GSP - 35
6. 1 big frag fist size super healthy pulsing Xenia - 40
7. Nice Zoas set with some rare zoas -200
8. 3x Yuma (orange, purple, orange+purple+pink) - 90
9. 1 rock of very nice red mushroom with rainbow lines running towards green lumi mouth(not sure about id) -120
10. Red anemone (opens to Palm size) -30
11. Sps frags available but stung by anemone so not perfect. -20
12. Lumi orange plate coral - 45
13. Purple plate coral frag - 30
14. Reverse sunset monti frag - 30
15. Blue polyp Monti (not sure Id) -30
16. Beautiful PAIR of Gold nugget clowns 1-2" - 380 (finally paired after some testing of dominance and now living peacefully together even in my nano)
17. Red shrimp - 10
15. Live rocks, live sand - 50
16. Chemistry pure nano (still have a few more sachets) - free with big purchase
17. Small Bucket of Red sea pro salt - $30
18. Jebao WP 10 wavemaker - $30
Looking at bundle price of $1288 thank you!
**All corals and live stocks are very healthy and stable even in my nano, except for the sps corals that got stung by my anemone. The rest all blooming and doing well.** If you need close up shots please contact Me at 97104907 thanks. Equipments will only be available after live stocks are sold and collection will be at TAMPINES St 81. Thank you!
Is it possible to set up a 10 gallon saltwater tank and fill about a quarter of it with my current saltwater tank's water? My current tank is running stable about 5 months already, keeping a zoa colony, a blue leg hermit and a clownfish under 2 normal filters, no protein skimmers no water changes
Can i put some of that water in a new tank and add newly mixed water, and start keeping corals in it? am i asking for trouble in some sense?
Please help. The reason why I'm gonna start the 10 gal is for a BTA (it'll have a protein skimmer for it)
And i wanna put it in when the tank water is 6 months
Which, is the main question. if i mix 5 month water and newly mixed water does it still count as 5 month water?