illumnae's SPS shallow reef

illumnae

• SRC Supporter

Which model of the carbon doser did you get?

There are 2 fittings in the website. CGA320 & DIN 477. Not sure which is applicable for the typical CO2 tank in SGP.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member

Expensive lesson learnt... made in USA is not necessarily better than made in China.  Hand tightening the screws on the Geo reactor caused it to cracking and leak.  It's entirely unusable now :(  I can't believe anything with decent build quality would cracking under hand tightening.  Now I got to find another calcium reactor and the cost of the Geo is entirely wasted.

I think I'm really the unluckiest person on earth.

IMG-20170518-WA0029_zpso2cm7ybk.jpeg

• SRC Supporter
17 hours ago, illumnae said:

Is there more than 1 model?  I didn't know.  The CGA fitting is standard US and DIN is standard UK and needs a top up fee - we follow UK in Singapore.

Wasn't clear after reading conflicting info in various local forums.

Thanks for confirming it - DIN standard for SGP.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member
Expensive lesson learnt... made in USA is not necessarily better than made in China.  Hand tightening the screws on the Geo reactor caused it to cracking and leak.  It's entirely unusable now  I can't believe anything with decent build quality would cracking under hand tightening.  Now I got to find another calcium reactor and the cost of the Geo is entirely wasted.
I think I'm really the unluckiest person on earth.
IMG-20170518-WA0029_zpso2cm7ybk.jpeg

Send a pic to Geo and see what they can do, I don't think they will wash their hands off like this, they are not cheap.

Tank Size: 3.5 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft
Sump: 3ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft”
Return Pump: Eheim 1264
Chiller Pump: H2Ocean Flow Pump 3000
Skimmer: Vertex Alpha 200
Wavemakers: 2 X Maxspect Gyre 130; 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP10WES, 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP40WES, 1x Jebao RW15
Filtration: Schuran Multifilter 100 (Rowa Phos), Two Little Fishies Phosban 150 Fluidised Reactor (Vertex Rox 0.8 Carbon), Enductor Fluidized Reactor- FR45 (NP Biopellets & All In One Biopellets) with Eden 140 Pump, Santa Monica Hogx1 Algae Turf Scrubber, Cheato
Calcium Reactor: Skimz CM152 with needle valve and Maxijet 600 feed Pump (CaribSea ARM Extra Coarse ,KZ Coral Gravel, Two Little Fishies Reborn, Grotech Magnesium Pro)
Dosing: Bubble Magnus Dosing Pump BM-T01 + 2 x 4 Head Expansion Accessory BM-T02
Bio Media: Marine Pure, Bacteria King, Eheim Substrat Pro, Eheim Substrat, Seachem DeNitrate, PowerHouse Hard, Polyplab Biosphere, Seachem Purigen

Chiller: JBJ Arctica Titanium Aquarium Chiller (1/3 Hp - DBE-150)
Lighting: ATI Powermodule 6 x 39 Watt T5. Solite 4 x 39 Watt T5 (Only 2 used) (Blue+ Blue+ Coral+ Purple+ Coral+ AB Special) (Blue+ Purple+)
Auto Top Up system: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off
Monitoring: 2 x Milwaukee MC 122 PH Controller (Calcium Reactor & PH Monitoring)

Substrate: CaribSea Aragamax Select

• SRC Member

I've emailed them, and bro subzero has kindly offered to help me seal with acrylic solvent.. but long term I'm not sure I really want to use such a low quality item.  What if one day it cracks again when I'm overseas?

• SRC Member

Now that everything is finally set up and running after the reboot, it's time to share the scape!  After the Dino nightmare I bleached all my existing DE Rocks and reused them for the rescape.  As I have a long term back injury, I'm not physically capable of lifting heavy rocks into my tank and bending over to scape them.  That's why I always need help in scaping my tanks.

The scape was actually already done up many weeks back, but I've been busy with cycling and the replacement of the sump and equipment.

Here's Steven from Seasonal Aquarium hard at work:

IMG-20170426-WA0005_zpseld53ewp.jpg

Some pictures of the finished scape:

IMG-20170416-WA0017_zpsevzzd7o0.jpeg

IMG-20170418-WA0010_zps76jzl0ci.jpg

I'll try and get some livestock pictures soon. 

• SRC Member
10 hours ago, Daniel_k said:

Pretty stocked up already right bro :) hahahaha how's the yellow Indo piece doing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG stalker! :chair:hahaha

7 hours ago, daveyy said:

I got the same feel with u. Didnt really like ati aswell. emoji23.png

Anw. Hope all is well with ur current build! Seen u restarted a few time!

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

It's not just that I don't like the light.  Any product that the distributor won't stand behind is just a disaster waiting to happen.  Hopefully this is the last restart.  Some say I'm suay,  some say I'm a noob. I'm just here to enjoy my hobby! 

Guess who dropped by and got his hands wet...

20170527_190328_zpsu6fpxbox.jpg

• SRC Member
1 hour ago, illumnae said:

Almost forgot.. lousy handphone picture:

PSX_20170529_213307_zpszqqwubgv.jpg

OH! So those corals were yours at seasonal aquarium? heard steven say is not for sale and is his cust's one. haha

definitely not a noob, more like bad luck, some had a one hit wonder, while some had it tough. preserve on!  you had it tough and never give up, if it was me, i would have pull plug lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
On 2017-5-29 at 10:18 PM, josephwzr said:

May I know how many pieces of de rocks u used for the scape?emoji16.png

No idea sorry... the old scape used about 3 to 4 boxes.  This scape was about 1/3 of that or so?

On 2017-5-29 at 11:54 PM, daveyy said:

OH! So those corals were yours at seasonal aquarium? heard steven say is not for sale and is his cust's one. haha

definitely not a noob, more like bad luck, some had a one hit wonder, while some had it tough. preserve on!  you had it tough and never give up, if it was me, i would have pull plug lol.

Your eyes so sharp!  Can spot and identify the specific corals?!

I've had some unpleasant reefer call me a noob before for engaging assistance to scape my tank.  All I can say is I'm glad the group of unpleasant reefers have moved to another forum.  This hobby is much better without their "company".

On 2017-5-30 at 6:15 PM, ReDDeviLs said:

aiseh.... full of envy man. need to see this in real person.
scaping much nicer now. loving this tank journal.

You've seen this tank in person through its various incarnations. Must be boring to you by now lor!

Just a simple snapshot taken tonight:

PSX_20170611_224355_zpsydrekpsj.jpg

• Like 1