Started a nano tank

Harry H

• SRC Member

3ca29fd2288387d9bfac4b9156b07935.jpg

The Jebao AK60 lights is now controlled by Amazon Alexa and TP-link smart plug. Monitored by dLink webcam.

Here is the smart home tech challenge. If I use Kessil lights (twice the price of AK60) and Spectra controller, which can control the intensity I am not sure if I can connect to Alexa voice control. So far I don’t know any nano tank controller that can be integrated with Alexa. Lol before you say why? Because the geek in me wants it!

Some thoughts:
1. I don’t need an Apex controller. That is an overkill for a Nano tank. I tried the Seneye but you need to use a PC or notebook. The Seneye webserver is again an overkill. A simple thermometer probe to remind me I have turned on the pump and it should connect to the web and send me warnings via the phone.
2. An Alexa powered phone controllable tank light without spending a fortune.
3. A bi direction pump that works with the osmolator. Pump out to change water and with a simple click, it reverses direction and pumps fresh water in. I know there are DIY solutions but why can’t it be off the shelf?
4. A customized tank stand that can hide my chiller and canister filter.

Happy reefing!

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
Pink and green corals are plate corals. Easiest to take care apart from mushrooms. I have a small anemone at the bottom but can’t really see in photo.

Is $60 a piece of green plate reasonable? First time buying a plate. Thanks

• 2 months later...