150 Gallons Marine Aquarium v. 2

hijackng

• SRC Member

Hello reefers,

Starting this thread to document the progress of my new marine tank and growth of my livestock.

Fish tank is custom made from CRA. Display tank size is 3x3x2ft with bean animal overflow at the back.

My simple design sump tank is 2.5x2x1ft which consist of refugium, skimmer/filtration chamber and return/chiller coil chamber.

Kapor wood cabinet is about 38"x38"x32". The height of cabinet is restricted by my main door (33"). What unexpected to me is the total height of my tank set (52") allow me to reach down into my tank without using a stool .

IMG_20160914_205724.jpg

IMG_20160914_205814.jpg

IMG_20160914_205658.jpg

• SRC Member

DE Replica rock is use for my first stage of scaping. The rock was bought and soak for a month in advance by SA.

My experience on the rock is
It is easy to stack, porous (add a lot of weight after soak in water) and beautiful.

IMG20160818231013.jpg
IMG20160818230954.jpg

Fritz RPM salt was added to raised salinity of 1.025. Then no. 3 coral sand added to reached 2" thickness.

IMG20160821114311.jpg
IMG20160821114301.jpg

Lastly, some liverock (bought from reefer) was added to the scaping and one bottle of Fritz zyme 9 was added to seed my tank with bb.

IMG20160821114159.jpg

Nice scape. Looking fwd for more updates.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member
Thanks learning new thing everyday. I always think RO/DI unit.m always install in bathroom or kitchen to filter one time water before mix reef salt and put into tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also learn from other reefers :)
This DI process save effort on water storage and shifting it to tank.

• SRC Member
Nice to see U back. :welldone::score:

Yes, glad to be back.
For the past two week, met numerous reefers thru their frag sales. Being able to visit their tank and learn new things from them really add fun to this hobby.
Find one day I'll pay u a visit and hopefully buy some frags from u.

• SRC Member
4 minutes ago, hijackng said:

Yes, glad to be back.
For the past two week, met numerous reefers thru their frag sales. Being able to visit their tank and learn new things from them really add fun to this hobby.
Find one day I'll pay u a visit and hopefully buy some frags from u.

Sure anytime

• SRC Member

After adding some bio load. My tank had a minor diatom and cyno outbreak. It was quickly suppress by 2 dosing of Brightwell Bac7 to boost bb.

I follow the instruction, off all pump and spray bac7 on sandbed and rock. It work well for me.

• SRC Member

Bac7 bring down remaining NO3 and PO4 to 0 or near Zero.

Next 2 weeks, I bought more livestock. LPS, SPS, cuc and fish.

Initially, coral turn pale.. But after heavily feeding and dosing nitrate. I am controlling nitrate at 0.2-0.5ppm, colours returned.

P04 remain undetected by salifert kit.