My 4ft Wonder

• SRC Member

Just some addition to the Sump area...

Remove some buffer plates in my sump to add in a ATS which took about 2 weeks to kick in...

IMG_5105.JPG

IMG_5107.JPG

IMG_5110.JPG

IMG_5109.JPG

Added a drain tube and also a on/off valve to enable me to drain off the stuff before i remove the skimmer cup to wash... this enable me to ensure that no skimmer waste get spilled onto the floor and creating a mess...

IMG_5104.JPG

• SRC Member
It has been awhile since i updated this thread.....been really busy with life....and also taking care of my tank as much as i can...
Some stuff have changed...
I took over my friend's blue tang as it was getting too big for his tank...and also manage to catch and sell off my sailfin tang...
In order to introduce the blue tang and to prevent any one to one fighting by the crazy sohal tang which i had... i went around looking for another tang...
Manage to find a Tang which had been quite hard to find... Maculiceps Tang... Saw one in the Display Tank of Madpetz and also one in Aquamarine..they are a beauty..
IMG_4926.JPG
It isnt easy to take a good photo of it...but it is a beauty; changing to pale color to dark brown...it is like have 3 different tang in one tang...  it is really active always swimming all around...
It was a crazy one week when i added both the blue and the Maculicep tang into my tank...my Sohal went on a crazy rage mode...after half a evening of fighting...i decided to catch out the sohal and isolate it... it wasnt easy to do that.... had to remove some corals to put a netting to trap it... but it was a good move as i manage to remove the aggression in the tank and the two newly introduced tang can settle in and recover from the wounds... 
Put the Sohal in isolation box for a weeks and then release it and there was totally no more aggression in the tank...and now...all 3 tangs are swimming togather without any issue
IMG_5034.JPG

Bro where u bought the spotted cheek tang? Trying to find but to no avail

• SRC Member
Just some addition to the Sump area...
Remove some buffer plates in my sump to add in a ATS which took about 2 weeks to kick in...
IMG_5105.JPG

IMG_5107.JPG

IMG_5110.JPG

IMG_5109.JPG

Added a drain tube and also a on/off valve to enable me to drain off the stuff before i remove the skimmer cup to wash... this enable me to ensure that no skimmer waste get spilled onto the floor and creating a mess...
IMG_5104.JPG

Can I know what ats u use going to buy 1 too

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

These are the recommended things to work on..

We detected elements in your water that can be harmful for your tank. 
More information about each element is listed below.

We recommend to carry out 6 x 15% water changes with TRITON PURE 2.0 salt, spread over 6 weeks.

Low levels of Aluminium have been found in your system. 

This is normal if you are using an aluminium based PO4 media. However try to find the contamination. To assist you in finding the source of error, we have listed them the most common sources of aluminium (sorted in descending order of frequency):

1. Aluminium based Phosphate remover
2. Zeolite
3. Metals in water

Use ROWAphos phosphate media to remove the aluminium.

High levels of Lanthanum have been found in your system. 

As Lanthanum can be very dangerous to you aquarium you should first try to find the contamination source. To assist you in finding the source of error, we have listed the most common sources of Lanthanum (sorted in descending order of frequency):

1. Using liquid Phosphate remover
2. Trace Element overdose / contamination
3. Food

Low levels of Lead have been found in your system. 

Although not as dangerous at very low levels it is important that you check your system for any possible contaminations. To assist you in finding the source of error, we have listed the most common sources of lead (sorted in descending order of frequency):

1. Contaminated sea salt mixtures
2. Contaminated salts such as calcium chloride
3. Contaminated trace elements
4. Contaminated feed for fish or coral

If you have problems in your tank, TRITON DETOX should be applied before the water changes.

Application DETOX: Take activated carbon and Phosphate media out of the system, add 3ml Detox / 100l of aquarium water. After 3 days, put on fresh activated carbon (Phosphate media can now also be introduced again), activated carbon should be changed after 7 days.

Monitor levels over future ICP-OES tests.

Your Magnesium levels are slightly elevated.

Please check your magnesium test kit for accuracy.

Your Potassium levels are too high. 

Check for sources of contamination. To help you in your search for the source of error, we have listed the most common potassium sources (sorted in descending order of frequency):

1. Trace element overdose / contamination
2. Bacterial Products
3. Contaminated salts

If there are problems in the aquarium, such as Bacterial bloom, we recommend a water change weekly of 15% for 4 weeks, with TRITON PURE 2.0 salt or Tropic Marin Pro Reef.

Your Strontium levels are slightly elevated. Check for sources of contamination. To help you in your search for the source of error, we have listed the most common sources of strontium (sorted in descending order of frequency):

1. Strontium-overdose
2. Salts / salt mixes

Monitor with future ICP-OES tests.

Your Lithium levels are slightly elevated. 

Check for possible contamination source. To help you in your search for the source of error, we have listed them the most common lithium sources (sorted in descending order of frequency):

2. Contaminated salts / contaminated magnesium salts
3. Artificial Rock/ Reef ceramics
4. Food

If you are dosing additional lithium on top of regular doses then stop.

Your Nickel levels are slightly elevated. 

Check for possible contamination source. To help you in your search for the source of error, we have listed them the most common nickel sources (sorted in descending order of frequency):

2. Metals near or in the aquarium (as rusty clamps or screws)
3. Contaminated salts

If you are dosing additional nickel on top of regular doses then stop. Monitor with future ICP-OES tests.
If you have problems in your tank, we recommend to carry out 4 x 15% water changes with TRITON PURE 2.0 salt, spread over 4 weeks.

Your Iodine levels are too high. 

Check for possible contamination source. To help you in your search for the source of error, we have listed the most common sources of iodine (sorted in descending order of frequency):

2. Contaminated salts

Your Silicon levels are slightly elevated. 

Check for possible contamination source. To help you in finding the source of error, we have listed the most frequent sources of contamination for silicon (sorted in descending order of frequency):

1. RO/DI Supply
2. Iron based phosphate remover (not RowaPhos or PhosBan)
3. SIPORAX Type media
4. Ceramics

Renew PO4 media, use AL99 or RowaPhos/PhosBan

• SRC Member

Additional Stuff to Dose to push back the values...

Important for your aquarium

B: We have detected a lack of boron.
A boron dosage can have the following benefits for your aquarium:
- Stabilization of the pH value in the aquarium
- Can promote the colour and health of SPS and LPS 
To restore the natural value, please refer to our recommended dosage.

B: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 4 days. For the first 3 days the dosage should be 46ml. On the last day please use 6.9ml.

Fine-tuning Level 1 ( Basic )

Mn: We have detected a lack of manganese.
A Manganese dose may have the following advantages for your aquarium:
- Can be useful for keeping LPS corals, for example, Goniopora respond very positively to Manganese dosage
- Can promote better polyp extension
To keep this value, refer to our maintenance dose. For calculating the maintenance dose proceed as follows:
1 Test: dose maintenance dose xml
2 Test: old maintenance dosing xml (from the 1st test) + new maintenance dose (from the 2nd test) xml dosing.
3 Test:: old maintenance dosing xml (from the 1st test) + old maintenance dosing xml (from the 2nd test) + new maintenance dose xml meter (from the 3rd Test). Thereafter, the dosage should not be increased, even though the analysis indicates a value of 0.

Mn: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 2 days. For the first 2 days the dosage should be 4.6ml.

Mn: We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 0.77ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7).

V: We have detected a lack of vanadium.
A vanadium dosage may have the following advantages for your aquarium:
- Can have a positive effect on the growth of sponges, sea squirts and SPS and LPS corals
- Can promote a better polyp extension
- May intensify the color of Acropora and Montipora
To restore the natural value, please note our dosing recommendation.
To keep this value, please note our maintenance dose. For calculating the maintenance dose proceed as follows:
1st Test: dose maintenance dose xml
2nd Test: old maintenance dosing xml (from the 1st test) + new maintenance dose meter (from the 2nd test) XML.
3. Test:: old maintenance dosing xml (from the 1st test) + old maintenance dosing xml (from the 2nd test) + new maintenance dose xml meter (from the 3rd Test).
4. Test: see above. Thereafter, the dosage should not be increased, even though the analysis indicates a value of 0.

V: We recommend the corrective dosage of 0.55 ml for 1 day.

V: We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 0.04ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7).

Mo: We have detected a lack of molybdenum.
A molybdenum dose may have the following advantages for your aquarium:
- Can promote enzymatic processes in the reef aquarium 
- Can promote the color of SPS and LPS 
- Too high a dosage of molybdenum can be detrimental to the aquarium, please dose carefully.

Mo: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 2 days. For the first 1 days the dosage should be 23ml. On the last day please use 11.13ml.

Fine-tuning Level 1 ( Advanced )

Zn: We have detected a lack of zinc.
A zinc dosage may have the following advantages for your aquarium:
- Can promote enzymatic processes in reef aquariums
- Can promote color and health of LPS and SPS corals 
To keep this value, please refer to our maintenance dose. For calculating the maintenance dose proceed as follows:
1st Test: dose maintenance dose xml
2nd Test: old maintenance dosing xml (from the 1st test) + new maintenance dose (from the 2nd test) XML.
3. Test:: old maintenance dosing xml (from the 1st test) + old maintenance dosing xml (from the 2nd test) + new maintenance dose xml meter (from the 3rd Test). Thereafter, the dosage should not be increased, even though the analysis indicates a value of 0

Zn: We recommend the corrective dosage of 0.25 ml for 1 day.

Zn: We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 0.03ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7).

• SRC Member

i went to check out a few different additives.. so i have concluded that it is hard to find individuals components to dose..therefore i am nt going to do too much and worry too much..

Will start dosing some general additives like the grotech corall abcm which should be enough to make up the lack.. at the same time i restart my rowaphos to remove some of the alu, si

Corall A contains Strontium, Magnesium, Barium, Lithium ...
Corall B contains Magnesium, Iron, Chrome, Mangan, Nickel, Kobalt, Copper ...
Corall C contains Fluor, Iodine, Bor, Molybdenum.

i will also be doing water change via a automated water change where i hook on a 60litres drum to the system and run circulation therefore diluting any pollutant.. my intention of that system is that i can hook it up and leave it alone for the next few hours then unhook the setup without getting floor wet and messy.. the new salt mix can also be put in it and mix without an issue..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
27 minutes ago, he said:

Very very details report finding from triton test , Which is what we need to know the possible source of issues coming from.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

I think everyone should try to do a triton test once awhile...especially if ur tank isnt doing so well and you knw that ur parameters r okay but fish keep on dying or corals dying...

• SRC Member

Have been wanting to do additional filtering of my water due to some small floating particles... so i got this canister filter... and put it onto my system.. and filled it up with filter wool...

dfaf38f00b4caa5817cf854d32cd47c4.jpg

1186e23975ee9f8e836b5c487aa0a7d8.jpg

and let it run in my system.. as it is a basic filtering unit..i can hook it up; make sure system no leak and leave it running for the next few hours before i take it offline and remove the filter wool..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Basically after running the filter unit for 3 days...i removed the setup and throw away the filters....checked my po4 to find that it went up...i think the reason is bcos of me cleaning up the sump area which i think really dirty and it kinda of kick up alot of detritus... so right now i am running gfo to bring dwn the po4 levels...

and also at the same time...will need to monitor the nutrient level of the tank...

hopefully everything will settle dwn and i will be able to see more growth in future...

Intending to start fragging some sps and zoas for sale...therefore do look out for them.

Regards

Daniel

• Like 2

• SRC Member

Some Photo Updates taken with a TG-4 borrowed from a fellow reefer Vincent

And also welcoming my Labouti Fairy Wrasse

P5180412.jpg

Darth Maul Zoas

P5180239.jpg

Green Monti

P5180250.jpg

P5180260.jpg

Milli....

P5180262.jpg

P5180271.jpg

Sunset Milli who is recovering at last after 5months with lots of growth..(waiting for the long wavy PE to come out again..)

P5180274.jpg

• Like 1