My Expensive Hobby - 4x2x2 Tank

shetland

• SRC Member

On Christmas Day 25 December 2016, After conducting a test on the water perimeter, and since its measure 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite, I proceed to transfer some of the Main Display Water to my 63l Nano Marine Quarantine Tank and to let it Cycle as well. Since the water test result shown 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite, I once again proceed to get my first batch of fishes to quarantine them in my QT. 

However, I was too over confident that the 63l Nano marine Tank can sustain this 8 fishes that I got....... There was an ammonia spike and I had to do an emergency 30-40% water change on the next day 26 December 2016. However after 1 day, I did a test again on the QT, and ammonia level is still high at 0.5ppm. Therefore I had to make a decision to add them into the main display tank after acclimate them once again. Based on my understanding, I got my clown fish from Coral Farm and they had already quarantine the fishes there and so far they looks healthy and eat well.

As of today based on the latest water test, my Main display tank is having 0 ammonia reading, but slight nitrite 0.25 ppm and 0.25ppm Nitrate. All the inhabitants are currently doing well in the Main Display Tank. 

I have to admit that it was kinda too overconfident for me to one shot introduce 8 fishes to my 63l nano marine QT.... Lesson Learnt.......

Right Now there are doing well in the main Display tank. And I will monitor them for the next 4-6 weeks for now. 

• SRC Member

Also added additional CUC in End of week no 3.

9 Trochus S

3 Nassarius Snail

Total CUC as of today

18 Trochus Snail (One in sump)

6 Astrea Turbo Snail (All in DT)

7 Nassarius Snail

2 Cleaner Shrimp

• SRC Member

This week a little hardworking did a 25% water change.. And added one new members into the family. A Black ribbon Eel. 

Its an amazing creature. Manage to get it to feed on frozen silver fish (saltwater) on Day 3:)

20170106_233121.jpg

Decided to remove the mineral mud that i added previously cause afterall i think its too messy to maintain that.

• SRC Member

I wont be having any corels or anemones added into the system at least not in the coming 10 weeks or so. Want to let the tank mature further before adding in LPS and SPS.

Trying to control myself to be patient LOL.. seeing so many poison and temptation.. OMG....

• SRC Member

Coming End of week 6. 

Did a 40% water change today. Po4 on the high side 0.03 to 0.06. Also add Rowa reactor today.

20170113_111147.jpg

One more thing.. the chaeto (Macro algae) in my sump did not make it. Not sure why.. it turn brown and white. 

Coming End of week 6. 
Did a 40% water change today. Po4 on the high side 0.03 to 0.06. Also add Rowa reactor today.
20170113_111147.jpg
One more thing.. the chaeto (Macro algae) in my sump did not make it. Not sure why.. it turn brown and white. 

I had this issues too end up I dump the idea of cheato . Anyway Nice thread !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
1 hour ago, pcw said:

How are your nitrates? Got a picture of the type of lights you use for your chaeto? Also, any idea what your iron levels are?

The nitrates are at about 0.2ppm.

The light i use my QT Led light. The Nano Marine 63l.

I never test for iron. 

• SRC Member

Will be posting this week test result tml.

However realise the colombo testkit not really accurate. A nice fellow reefer lend me his redsea ammonia testkit and the result defer quite a lot.

for the colombo testkit. The ammonia shows 0.5ppm (i was worried at this reading)

after using the redsea test kit. Its show 0 to 0.2ppm. (a more acceptable range)

20170117_000549.jpg

• Like 1