Skyline Reef

vin1011

• SRC Member

Sps are recovering from burnt tips slowly. Hopefully it can grow over the dead tissue in a month time. Here are the changes I did. Slowly lower kh to 7, adjusted Radion G4 to 14Inch above water level instead of 12Inch and at 50% intensity ab+. And 3drops on AF iodine. It have been 1.5month since change my po4 minus. Also my PO4 still maintaining at very low reading at 0.003 which is 1 on Hanna ULR checker.

Here is a pic taken by my ID 1+months ago
6356f83eef9abaf58fedb7d83b8a03a2.jpg

Pics taken this afternoon
5454ad3011454e94778af703aad4df56.jpg
3561bbe50a9881e62763e6cca51fd1f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's caused the burnt tips?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member
On 2/19/2017 at 4:04 PM, yukok.lim08 said:

Very nice tank and embedded into your house ID.

Thanks you. Since moving to a new place so might as well plan it to match my ID..hehe

On 2/19/2017 at 6:00 PM, CrazyJason said:

Nice

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Thanks Bro!

On 2/19/2017 at 10:53 PM, Admiraltian said:

What's caused the burnt tips?

My Guess is very low nutrient(PO4 at 0.003), KH higher then 8 and intensity of lights too strong. And mostly top corals affected. After adjusting this, coral tissues beginning to grow over the burnt tips. Hopefully will fully recover in a month time. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

The look of my tank after being away for 2weeks and realise the automatic food feeder just dump all the pellet into the tank. Tested PO4 and it's still at 0.012. Phew! KH drops slightly from 7dkh to 6.8dkh. Will not be adjusting CR unless it drops further.
bf4e650564ea2b5fc29c2a0cab1ec16c.jpg
After using the magnet scrapper, tank looks the same with new growth and fish looks the same. Looks like the tank survived the 2 weeks unattended test. Felt so worried before my trip but was relive when I'm back home. :)
9aa34e8bffd8cf9b6654a4c2df4d92bd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Haha i thot the video is pretty good already. If u want to turn up the blues in ur lights, u may want to use an orange gel filter to capture the fluorescence of the corals

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Yes I need to set my radions to 11k to take this video. Good idea on the orange filter have read abt it and will give it a try once I know where to get it. Haha. I find it hard using my iPhone to take pic and video of my tank. Wonder how others take so clear and sharp pic and video. Anyway thanks for you kind words bro. :)

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Nice tank. :yeah:

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• 4 weeks later...