Simple thermometer with alarm recommendation

Harry H

• SRC Member

I have the IM 10g tank. Really hunting for a simple thermometer with alarm. I have used the Seneye but it got a tad troublesome. It needs to connect to a PC and the Seneye wireless server is another additional piece of hardware I don't wish to invest. Plus you need to wet the sensor pad 24 hours or more before use. The Apex controller (perfect for fish geek) is an overkill, tempting as it is. I thought of using a PI computer and built a probe lol. And learn some coding again but if there is a product out there, will be great. Any recommendation thanks bros!

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Bro, I think this post shd not b posted in the nano reef here n shd post in general reefing or tank setup.. Anyway good luck

You are right. Sorry. But I have a nano reef tank and want a super small thermometer with alarm and a small footprint. There are bigger devices for bigger tanks. I was hoping the nano tank reefers know of such a device for nano tanks. Missed that point out.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app
  • Like 1

• SRC Supporter

There are temperature alarms available on eBay or taobao but needs some DIY modification to change the thermistor to a salt water safe type.

Alternatively a more expensive option is to get an ISocket with aquarium temperature sensor. Probably in the $260 range. This however has the added feature of informing you via SMS if power or temperature is out of whack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

There are cheap temperature controllers in ebay which can switch on/off based on a temperature preset as suggested by SubzeroLT. As a sample, pls check the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-110-C-W1209-Digital-Thermostat-Temperature-Control-Switch-Sensor-Module-12V-/182071212734?hash=item2a644a3abe:g:-1UAAOSw2zlXhIWb

There are many such things in ebay. It needs a bit of DIY to connect buzzer for alarm or to on/off certain equipment when reaching the temperature preset.

I am using this in my Pico to switch on/off the cooling fan on reaching certain temperature. I know that the probe is stainless steel and will corrode over a period of time. So far, i didn't see adverse effects with carbon running in.