LPS-Dominated Dual Tank

hmmm2

• SRC Member
On 03/06/2017 at 1:04 AM, hmmm2 said:

One of my scolymia is showing sign of receding (picture taken on 2 June 2017):

IMG_1531.JPG

Initially I thought that it could be due to pests or underfeeding. But after doing some research, I think that it is more likely to be due to strong water flow.

So I'm going to lower the water flow and see if it helps the scolymia to recover. I will be documenting the progress here.

So I started turning down the water flow in my tank at the beginning of the month, and it has been a few weeks.

I'm glad to say that the scolymia has recovered well:

IMG_2209.PNG

The part in the white circle was the place where the scoly was receding. 

Furthermore, the master scoly is recovering at a faster rate too since the water flow has been reduced:

IMG_2207.PNGJust before water flow was reduced

IMG_2206.JPGPicture taken today

• SRC Member

Wanna check if anyone here has experience with yellow jawbreaker mushroom?

Bought this piece:IMG_2341.PNG

The seller (someone very reputable in the coral selling industry) told me that it was taken from this piece:

IMG_2343.PNG

He told me that yellow JB mushroom will be totally yellow/gold at the beginning, and the green will appear next, and finally the red colouration will appear.

• SRC Member
4 hours ago, justin said:

This is his first time to see doesn't mean never , that why the price he is selling at super high .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input bro.

Agree with you that it could have been brought in before, and that the hammer doesn't come with a low price tag.

I am not sure of the profit margin, and because it was bought on the shipment day itself, I believe that the margin shouldn't be narrow. 

And since we are on this, I thought I would mention that Pinnacle has brought in very nice hammers before too, can't remember exactly when but there was one around the end of last year/early this year, wonder which lucky reefer got it. From the picture posted on Pinnacle's fb page, it was a golden hammer with white tip.

At the end of the day, our LFS's are competing globally to bring us nice corals, so I'm just glad that I don't have to source for them myself either through the internet or go overseas to get it (which carries certain risk).