Monthly Earning to substain Hobby

Zero Oxygen

How much are we earning to substain our tank????  

166 members have voted

1. 1. How much are we earning to substain our tank????

• X<$1000 (student drawing allowance)
    • $1000<X<$2500
    • $2500<X<$4500
    • X>$4500

• SRC Member

$1k allowance? little? :ph34r:

if i could get that as allowance i wouldn't work my butt off...better to study for the rest of my life. :lol:

wat happened to $100 a month? <_<

Not even National Service pays that much.

• SRC Member

U need to consider the risk of the live stock involved.

Cheaper things tend to have higher profit margin, probably 500% profit, whereas some about 100% profit or less..

Do you believe me if the cost price of clam around $5-$8? When it is selling $20-$30.

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member
$1k allowance? little? :ph34r:

if i could get that as allowance i wouldn't work my butt off...better to study for the rest of my life. :lol:

wat happened to $100 a month? <_<

Not even National Service pays that much.

What happened to $50 allowance. Damn if I had $1k allowance, I would stop working. hahhaha

I sell TUBBY to sustain my love of this expensive hobby. The electric bills are killing.

Chris is right. Many of the corals sold here are really cheaper than what you will ever know. But the markup is to cover the die offs and shop rent etc. At least we can be happy about the fact its still not as expensive as in the States

• 4 years later...
  • SRC Member
By the way :off: yesterday news say import around 46000 seahorses for around $40000...... it means that each seahorse is less than $1 ...... how much are we paying for each seahorse in LFS ah

they must be earning alot <_<

LFS already got alot of money from all of us. U really dun wan to know how much the cost price of all the fish or coral.

• 2 weeks later...

Many lao jiaos still around lurking but not posting. ;)

Anyway... these topics are evergreen. Many use the old threads for research for information that are still very relevant today.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
By the way :off: yesterday news say import around 46000 seahorses for around $40000...... it means that each seahorse is less than $1 ...... how much are we paying for each seahorse in LFS ah

they must be earning alot <_<

Off the record...do not buy sea horses that are not aquabreed, meaning caught from the wild. Destroying the natural environment.

l7304smr.jpg