Ocellaris Clownfish strange behavior

Hi guys, I have a recently bought clownfish (bought on the 12th of Jan)

It is eating well, doesn't rub itself on rocks (means no sign of ich), doesn't do anything weird EXCEPT that it hangs out at the front right top corner of my tank ALL the time, except when feeding and occasionally, moving to the front left top corner for a few seconds (where i have a thermometer to measure the temp).

It hangs out at the front right top corner as in it stays there most of the time, but it keeps swimming. It seems to be 'hyperactive' but only staying in that corner.

As I'm typing this, it's currently swimming up and down at the front left corner, going to the surface and quickly going to near the substrate at the bottom.

So my worry is, why is it not going to the other areas of the tank? (such as the substrate, the live rocks, etc)

If you guys need, i can provide a pic. but anyways, does anyone know why it might do this?

• SRC Member
Hi guys, I have a recently bought clownfish (bought on the 12th of Jan)
It is eating well, doesn't rub itself on rocks (means no sign of ich), doesn't do anything weird EXCEPT that it hangs out at the front right top corner of my tank ALL the time, except when feeding and occasionally, moving to the front left top corner for a few seconds (where i have a thermometer to measure the temp).
It hangs out at the front right top corner as in it stays there most of the time, but it keeps swimming. It seems to be 'hyperactive' but only staying in that corner.
As I'm typing this, it's currently swimming up and down at the front left corner, going to the surface and quickly going to near the substrate at the bottom.
So my worry is, why is it not going to the other areas of the tank? (such as the substrate, the live rocks, etc)
If you guys need, i can provide a pic. but anyways, does anyone know why it might do this?
Hahaha.. Totallie same behaviour as my little clown fish. But he's a survival of copper treatment. So I m not too worried. Mayb just need to get used to the tank. Mines doing fine now.. Eating vicariously with other fishes and swimming all over the tank like a confident lil guy now.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app