My new small 16 litre Nano tank

Tabungrahim

• SRC Member
When I install wave then all the Sand n water all over the place. Does my small aquarium need the wave?

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

Your sand size is 0.1? If 0.1 then will be too small for normal display tank use.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
When I install wave then all the Sand n water all over the place. Does my small aquarium need the wave?

As long as there is decent flow and depending what you want to keep, since your tank is small, it’s probably a good idea not to overdo the flow haha

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
Yes my sand is fine sand

Fine sand is alright, but in your small tank flow will really make it a pain to deal with when it keeps getting stirred up by the flow.

On 08/03/2018 at 7:04 AM, Tabungrahim said:

Thanks everyone..... Just enquiry what type of test kit I need to buy? Which ones is cheap n easy to test?
I never test the water before. N never buy the test kit before.

I bought mine from ezbuy. you might be able to get it cheaper there than those from retail shops. 

• SRC Member
Can I add anemone in this small tank? I love anemone n Clown fish

U can try, but no gurantees that the clownfish will host anemone, my clown have not host the two carpet anemone that i gave him..so yeah ends up anemone shrimp host it1521268364760.thumb.jpg.f0a583e3ab332f9bf30b934feb63288c.jpg1521268391618.thumb.jpg.c022167a7ec8fc223bda86cf08584245.jpg

• SRC Member

Today I just bought a shrimp n a small damsel.
But the damsel see know where seen looks like its hiding in the rock or sand. That's what I read the forum about the damsel.c3e8d2d4fd9c646512ca2e2d4e560475.jpg05d508ec18840166e5836be6798f07c1.jpg

• SRC Member
Did you acclimatize your fish and shrimp before adding to your tank? Maybe they died from shock.. For anemone I suggest you wait a few months for your tank to stabilize first, they are quite sensitive

First I put the whole plastic in the tank float for 1 hr then I put some tank water in the plastic n wait for 10 mins then I use net to remove it

First I put the whole plastic in the tank float for 1 hr then I put some tank water in the plastic n wait for 10 mins then I use net to remove it

Usually for acclimatizing you would add abit of water, wait 10 mins, add abit more water, wait another 10 minutes, so on and so forth until the original volume of water at least doubles.

For shrimps they are a lot more sensitive so you have to go through the process a lot slower.

In future you might want to drip acclimate, it’s more gradual and you don’t have to keep going back and forth every 10 mins. Just use those air pump tubing and gravity drip the tank water into the bag. Simply tie the tubing into a knot to control water flow. Tighter knot = slower flow. I usually do 2-3 drops per second.
  • Like 1

• SRC Member

Sorry about your loss.

Try to refrain from adding any livestock into your tank while it’s not stable yet, make sure you check your salinity with a refractometer rather than a hydrometer. Much more accurate.

Also be sure to check Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate before putting anything in. My hunch is that your tank wasn’t done cycling yet when you put all your livestock in. Even the hardiest fishes can’t survive 5.0 nitrite(which is when the cycle is midway through).

To be completely safe, only add livestock once your Ammonia and nitrite test zero. Typically this takes around 4 weeks unless you have beneficial bacteria present to seed your new tank.

Hope this helps