My new small 16 litre Nano tank

Tabungrahim

• SRC Member
It could be that the tank never cycled? 0 nitrates sounds too good to be true. Throw in a piece of shrimp to start the cycle and measure till the numbers drop...

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app
But I got put shrimp before n bacteria

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
My ISO tank with damsel n mushroom nitrate no2 0.25ppm no3 5.0ppm ammonia 0ppm

no2 0.25ppm now? It could have been that around the time your livestock died your nitrite was higher, much higher than 0.25. That could have been the cause. Nitrite is as deadly, if not more deadly than ammonia, and could easily kill your fish in a short time as well

• SRC Member

no2 0.25ppm now? It could have been that around the time your livestock died your nitrite was higher, much higher than 0.25. That could have been the cause. Nitrite is as deadly, if not more deadly than ammonia, and could easily kill your fish in a short time as well

My ISO tank still good no problem but my another tank all die

NH4 and NO2 are killer.

Both must be zero before you add any livestock

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member
My another Nano tank new add in c789994842be6bfde50ac799b0302d7f.jpg

anemone should only be added after 1 year of having the tank. My current tank is 6 months and I added anemone is alrdy a very big gamble. Usually u ll see diatoms (like brown algae) and tats when u ll know when ur tank has cycled.

15 hours ago, Tabungrahim said:

Help my Musroom out of its own rock n now on the sand. It's OK?
The other ones also following soon I think. 6f6f9d9f0c661075910af31df2f1290c.jpgba1b749f6646b829a69669813949e4b4.jpg

Your mushrooms might be in an area with too high flow. They like really low flow and will fall off if they don't like where you placed them.

For the piece that floated away, put it in a tupperware with some rubble on the bottom and it will eventually attach to one of them. After its attached you can place it back on your LR.

• SRC Member

My clownfish today behaving different. He sometimes lay on sand bed then swims up down then lay on sand bed on anemone and look suspicious? Has been eating well but behaving suspicious swimming every where every corner n then lay on sand bed.

• SRC Member
How long have you had the clown? If all your water test are normal then it could just be an issue with the new fish. Definitely not normal behavior.
The fish die this morning the water almost 2mth test done all fine fish only 1 week wif anemone

• SRC Member
The fish die this morning the water almost 2mth test done all fine fish only 1 week wif anemone

Where did you get your fish from? Sometimes in this hobby purchased fish are collected with cyanide and eventually die in captivity no matter how good the parameters are due to cyanide poisoning. Unless all your other fish are also dying, it might be that. If you buy many different ones from different retailers and they all still die.. then it’s probably an issue with your tank parameters.

• SRC Member

Where did you get your fish from? Sometimes in this hobby purchased fish are collected with cyanide and eventually die in captivity no matter how good the parameters are due to cyanide poisoning. Unless all your other fish are also dying, it might be that. If you buy many different ones from different retailers and they all still die.. then it’s probably an issue with your tank parameters.

Haix. My naso I suspect a victim of cyanide poisoning . Cos he was healthy and eating well but just suddenly died one day. And guess naso are mostly from bali or Philippines. The rest of my fishes are fine.

• SRC Member
Haix. My naso I suspect a victim of cyanide poisoning . Cos he was healthy and eating well but just suddenly died one day. And guess naso are mostly from bali or Philippines. The rest of my fishes are fine.

Sorry for your loss, Nasos are among the most endearing of tangs imo. Yeah and it’s not necessarily the retailers’ fault all the time either, cause many times down the chain we may not know how exactly our fish were collected at the source. The middlemen who buy the fish from the divers or villagers who catch them may lie and withhold information to sell their catch. After all who’d wanna buy fish if they knew they were caught with cyanide right? Still a common practice in Indonesia and Philippines. Another reason why fish from Sri Lanka and the Red Sea tend to ship better. Australia is probably the best shipper(but it’s reflected in their typically hefty prices too)

• SRC Member
Sorry for your loss, Nasos are among the most endearing of tangs imo. Yeah and it’s not necessarily the retailers’ fault all the time either, cause many times down the chain we may not know how exactly our fish were collected at the source. The middlemen who buy the fish from the divers or villagers who catch them may lie and withhold information to sell their catch. After all who’d wanna buy fish if they knew they were caught with cyanide right? Still a common practice in Indonesia and Philippines. Another reason why fish from Sri Lanka and the Red Sea tend to ship better. Australia is probably the best shipper(but it’s reflected in their typically hefty prices too) 

Yeah indeed. My naso looks fat and colours are good. And usually fishes which have too good colouring is usually caught from cyanide. Since they can be easily caught. Haix. But the most innocent is still the fish. Died in vain. Yeah. I will try to buy fishes from Maldives or Sri Lanka shipments now.