Dying Torch - urgent help

atdayahwh

Hi Reefers

My torch coral which is with me since past 4 months is starting to die on me. One of head skeleton is appear and tentacles are started shrinking. Anyway to recover, appreciate your help and suggestion. IMG_1820.JPG

Tank parameters

Salinity 1.026

Ammonia 0

Nitrate 0

Phosphate 0

KH 11

PH 8.2

Calcium 500 (I know it is higher than recommend but it is known issue to me and torch is living with this more past 4 months without any issue)

Feeding - Pro series Sea plankton made with rotifers 1-2 ml every other day.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
45 minutes ago, Komerider said:

Torch r considered mid to tuffer lps. Maybe lightning and flow . Can figure out from the head that died. Lesser light or lower flow side , etc.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

From my personal experience i would agree with komerider. The practical step would be to consider the micro environment.

some stuff to consider

If the other corals are not affected it is likely not a systemic issue ( water parameter)

It could possibly be due to bacterial infection. May not result in a brown slime like brown jelly disease. Like white band disease in acropora. Its hard to confirm a bacterial infection without obvious symptoms.