Nano tank

• SRC Member
Maybe for a start..each clown damsel goby..limit 3-5 fish bro..or maybe some mushrooms bro..

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Nice... damsel.... hmmm... highly irritating fish.. goes around poking every other fish.. I bought two on impulse and it chased my goby like no tomorrow. Fortunately, I managed to catch them and gave them away..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice... damsel.... hmmm... highly irritating fish.. goes around poking every other fish.. I bought two on impulse and it chased my goby like no tomorrow. Fortunately, I managed to catch them and gave them away..

Are they very aggresive? U have a nano too?? Or bigger tank bro? Maybe they very territorial..maybe i swap with chromis instead..bro this my 3rd time cycling my nano..but after adding fish(clownfish) will get ich.. Then die after 3 days..been repeating..and firefish and purple dottyback died 1 week later..haizz

• SRC Member
Are they very aggresive? U have a nano too?? Or bigger tank bro? Maybe they very territorial..maybe i swap with chromis instead..bro this my 3rd time cycling my nano..but after adding fish(clownfish) will get ich.. Then die after 3 days..been repeating..and firefish and purple dottyback died 1 week later..haizz

Mine is a 3 feet... no, they are just irritating ...

Leave it empty for 90 days... ich got no host will eventually die off... then next time buy fish, QT then before adding into your tank... or if you don’t plan to add corals then copper treat the tank.

• SRC Member
Agree with Kermit13sg.. damsel is really irritating other fishes. I am struggling to catch it still as mine is 4ft tank..

Set a trap

I made my own with a mineral water bottle.. check out YouTube.. they are greedy and they’ll fall for it.. I caught both in less than 2 hours

Set a trap

I made my own with a mineral water bottle.. check out YouTube.. they are greedy and they’ll fall for it.. I caught both in less than 2 hours

Hi mahesh..
Is that bad? Ok i skip damsel.. Tried copper in my tank.. They killed my inverts and also live rock mayb i overdose..

• SRC Member
2 minutes ago, Kermit13sg said:

Set a trap

Oh thats a good idea. I will try to do during the long weekend.

• SRC Member
Salam bro....y the bad experience bro? Actualy this my third time cycling the water.. Mine always got ich..

At first buy on impulse without doing any test n put all the clownfish n anemone after 1mth cycle n last about 1week. Anemone die n all corals n mushroom n fish die coz detected after come back from work. Never see the fish for 3days straight. Don't know when it die maybe the anemone die First

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

At first buy on impulse without doing any test n put all the clownfish n anemone after 1mth cycle n last about 1week. Anemone die n all corals n mushroom n fish die coz detected after come back from work. Never see the fish for 3days straight. Don't know when it die maybe the anemone die First

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

What cause it to die bro? They said Clownfish os hardy.. But personaly i think its not that so.. Three of my clowns died too for dont know what reason.. I check perimeter all ok.. All 0 except nitrate 40ppm and ph 7.8.. Now i start all over again..ending my cycling soon bro..

Certain fishes are hardy after acclimatized to the tank. Clown fish is nvr hardy for new tank. Certain gobies, damsel and chromis are hardy. Damsel is aggressive and hence not a good choice especially when they became oldest resident... And you face issue putting new fishes. Usually I use inverts and slowly move to fishes. 

• Like 1

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
3 hours ago, Oceanmini said:

Hi mahesh..emoji3.png
Is that bad? Ok i skip damsel.. Tried copper in my tank.. They killed my inverts and also live rock mayb i overdose..emoji17.png

Its better to avoid Damsel..at the beginning. Just based on my experience. It almost killed my blue tang. Now blue tang is in curing stage.

• SRC Member

Yes my damsel use to be an AH, but now One of my chormi(dark blue) chases damsel..lol.. it grow double the size of damsel. It’s the boss in my tank, even my tangs or wrasses much bigger than my chormi don’t dare to go near it.

• SRC Member
Yes my damsel use to be an AH, but now One of my chormi(dark blue) chases damsel..lol.. it grow double the size of damsel. It’s the boss in my tank, even my tangs or wrasses much bigger than my chormi don’t dare to go near it.

Hahah damsel deserves it

• 2 weeks later...