Your tank is too young and small to have these two fish.. Copepods hard to find and not sustainable to keep buying to feed your fish. If you want to keep these fish you can set up a chaeto refugium at the same time try to train them to eat frozen.

If you are not willing to go through all that trouble, I suggest returning the fish to the store before they both starve:/ No need to let these poor fish suffer

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Your tank is too young and small to have these two fish.. Copepods hard to find and not sustainable to keep buying to feed your fish. If you want to keep these fish you can set up a chaeto refugium at the same time try to train them to eat frozen.

If you are not willing to go through all that trouble, I suggest returning the fish to the store before they both starve:/ No need to let these poor fish suffer

Agree, buying those pods will not be able to sustain mandarins.... they eat live pods and they eat a lot...

I hear some LFs have tank bred mandarins that feeds on pellets.. maybe we’ll have more success then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If don’t have to go through the hassle of feeding it live foods then I think it’s worth it. Unless it’s above $100 then forgettaboutit

Totally agree, after all if we buy 3 at $10 and they keep starving... we can buy one tank bred at $30 too.. let’s wait for jt

44 minutes ago, Kermit13sg said:

Totally agree, after all if we buy 3 at $10 and they keep starving... we can buy one tank bred at $30 too.. let’s wait for jt

If you guys manage to find any, please let me know, we can "group buy"! LOL

• SRC Supporter

I understand that the captive bred mandarins from Biota are ~ US$80 in USA. Not sure how much they will be in Singapore. I doubt it'll be in the S$30 range.

Anyway, one option you have is to breed baby brine shrimps and feed them to your mandarins in the interim until you have sufficient pods.  Baby brine shrimps hatch very quickly within 24hrs.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

On 4/12/2018 at 11:56 PM, Kermit13sg said:

I believe coral farm may be doing this. Call and check? I also want but it will not be in the $10-$12 range

I bought my mandarin from coral farm last oct/nov. tank is a nano tank n somehow its been surviving till now. i feed the clownfish frozen mysis shrimps but i dont think there are any left overs for the mandarin so i believe my tank should have copepods but a new addition of a 2nd mandarin from pinnacle did not survive into his 2nd month. so it still puzzles me as till today whether i have copepods in my tank. 

anyway, the mandarin from coral farm was $9 cause this is my mandarin's name. 9 dollars...

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Similar Content

• By sanjaypills55
      Home cultured, darker than commercially available.
      Collection: @ Yishun St.81
      Sanjay
      Hp: 92987789
    • By Willy Reefing
      Live Nannochloropsis Phytoplankton
      A unicellular phytoplankton that is high in EPA, strained to a pure culture by our in-house culturing experts.
      One of the smallest phytoplankton at only a few micron in diameter.
      It is one of the best food source for filter feeders such as sponges, tube worm, artemias, rotifers, copepods, small larvae or animals
      Enrich your Brine Shrimp or Rotifier prior to feeding or simply feed your tank directly
      Simply pour into the tank near a flow source in your display tank and watch your Coral's polyp extend to feed and animals lavish at the new food source
      Retail Pricing: $18 (250ml pack)
      Promo: 2 for $20
      FAQs
      How long can this last and where do I keep?
      For best results, use it within a week. Keep our specially design bag refrigerated to keep them dormant.

Dose 5 ml per 10 gallons, 3-4 times per week.
      Two type of dosing method:
      - Direct dosing phytoplankton - Target Feeding (require lesser volume)
      - Indirect dosing phytoplankton - Broadcast Feeding (require more volume)
      Why SupremX Aquaculture:
      "Live phyto" or "concentrated" that acclaimed to have long shelf life through their decaying process will only contribute add ammonia and unwanted nutrients to your tank if left unconsumed.
      SupremX Aquaculture Phyto ensures freshness with no addictive or preservatives that allows live phyto to consume carbon dioxide and provide oxygen to your precious reef while helping the biological and chemical filter by using the nitrate and phosphate caused by animal waste, in the process of photosynthesis

For Reefers, By Reefers,
      Team SupremX

PhytoPlankton.mp4
    • By equiox
      Where to buy live copepods to put inside my refugium?
      I know Trio Fishery got but it is too far for me.  I stay East.

• By JMW
      Hi reefers, for those of you who keep zoas, have you guys ever experienced them being eaten/injured by amphipods? At night when I bring a light to the tank, I see the pods running around the LR, but I do also notice some of them on the zoas....
      Did some googling too, mixed responses. Some say the pods are just eating microfilms of algae, detritus on the zoas surface, some say the pods can indeed eat the zoas polyps or baby zoas..
      so am really hoping to get some local perspective here, do you guys have any zoas & amphipods encounters to share? 
      Thanks in advance!
    • By andrewttw
      Hi all!

I am new to this forum and also new to keeping marine fish. Have a newly set up tank and DIY refugium. Right now I need some help with culturing tigger pods.

Purchased a bottle of live tigger pods just last saturday. Placed them in the mid section of my refugium with a bunch of chaeto which I bought from the same shop (photos attached) and turned on my pump.

That was in the evening.

I checked the tigger pods the next afternoon and they were all gone!!!

Specs: There are no fish other other creatures in my refugium. Only the chaeto, live rock and live sand. My pump is 3000 ltr/hr. Main tank size is 72L and about 2.5 metres above the refugium, refugium size about 37L. Currently having a slightly high Nitrate level in my tank.

Qn: Could the tigger pods be burrowed under the sand? Is the flow of my pump too strong (doesn't look like) that the pods got pushed into my pump section and then into my main tank? Any advice on how to culture the things? And will the tigger pods ever set up a colony if put inside the main tank or will they just be wiped out?

- Andrew

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 2

Zoas / pipe organ / orange anemone / Cyphastrea package

2. 2

Frog Fish

3. 3

FOC RBTA

4. 1
    5. 2

WTS RBTA