Jeebusai Red Sea Reefer 250

Jeebusai

• SRC Member
2 hours ago, Jeebusai said:

:chair:...........why the guys donā€™t get it......

Hahhaa hang ard long enough n u will be able to meet some really generous reefers. Many are very helpful n willing to share knowledge too. Thatā€™s theĀ spirit of reefingĀ :D

• SRC Member

Thatā€™s nice set up.. sump and chiller fit in well in the cabinet.. I did buy a decom fresh water tank, but ended up putting marine tank.. last moment change in mind, glass is not crystal glass but still nice and clear to look through.. now donā€™t dare to change my tank as all set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
3 hours ago, Kingkk said:

Thatā€™s nice set up.. sump and chiller fit in well in the cabinet.. I did buy a decom fresh water tank, but ended up putting marine tank.. last moment change in mind, glass is not crystal glass but still nice and clear to look through.. now donā€™t dare to change my tank as all set.

Your tank is so much bigger, nicer and established bro. I have freshwater tank for a Long while. After a while it becomes very boring. Thereā€™s something to learn everyday for marine tank.Ā 

Btw,Ā kudos to you for your nice DIY. Lol. Must steal some kinda from you next time. My sump Super cramped and messy now.......

• SRC Member

Having some cyano problem. Likely contributed by a few factors.

1. Was trying to feed my yellow tang more as the Clarkii clown snatchedĀ 90% of the food. Also tried algae wafers (they loved it but stuck under the rocks)

2. Flow wasntĀ enough.Ā 

3. Skimmer was overflowing. Was working well last few days. (Erratic)

Used an old FW aquarium light for refugium. Apparently, the new Red Sea Reefers come equipped with refugium.Ā 

Bought a power backup for the wavemaker Incase of emergency. Going on a long holiday soon. Getting worried. LolĀ 

Time to buy some Chaeto tom!

Some pics :

Ā 

Ā 

3B0B5F68-F3B9-442C-8407-CE7D8E0E40C2.jpeg

EF7430E6-DD27-4C45-B07E-D63D3445682F.jpeg

• SRC Member
Your tank is so much bigger, nicer and established bro. I have freshwater tank for a Long while. After a while it becomes very boring. Thereā€™s something to learn everyday for marine tank.Ā 
Btw,Ā kudos to you for your nice DIY. Lol. Must steal some kinda from you next time. My sump Super cramped and messy now.......

Lol thanks, as you go along sump gets crampy .. I am planing to go for bigger sump.. hope it makes life bit easy

• SRC Member
3 minutes ago, Kingkk said:

Lol thanks, as you go along sump gets crampy .. I am planing to go for bigger sump.. hope it makes life bit easy

I agree totally now lol. The bigger the DT the more tiring it is. The bigger ur sump tank, the easier it is. Can accommodate mistakes better too! Lol

• SRC Member
On 28/04/2018 at 12:06 AM, MarCal said:

Your corals looking gd except 1 looks likeĀ receding tissue?Ā 

Is it the bleeding apple? It was like that when I bought it. lol. Cheap thing not good. Looks better than when I first bought it.Ā 

But Iā€™m really having issue with my octo. 2 heads not doing well. Heard from some brothers that octo can just die on u anytime without warning. Faint.Ā 

BTW sis, any good recommendation for refugium light. Due to tights space. It has to be small. TIA

• SRC Member
21 minutes ago, Jeebusai said:

Is it the bleeding apple? It was like that when I bought it. lol. Cheap thing not good. Looks better than when I first bought it.Ā 

But Iā€™m really having issue with my octo. 2 heads not doing well. Heard from some brothers that octo can just die on u anytime without warning. Faint.Ā 

BTW sis, any good recommendation for refugium light. Due to tights space. It has to be small. TIA

I see. Good to hear that it is recovering.

Octo is one of my favourite n mine grew too big for my 2 footer. They can't hv too strong flow cos may tear their tissues.

My 'refugium' is so small that I am embarrassed to even show hahhhaa. I have it in a hang on filter compartment n use only a small led light 0.5W x 8pcs.

If in sump refugium then u definitely need a stronger light. U need more experience bros to help u on thisĀ :P

Ā 

• SRC Member

Thanks for the prompt reply sis. Actually, the octo has this issue when I bought it. Inexperienced lol. The funny thing Is 3 branches are thriving and 2 dying....been arranging them for the past week. All 3 no matter where I put also happy. On the 2 branches unhappy (total 5 branches)...hard to please. Can U post the light for the refugium? Mine is just as small. Lol

• SRC Member
30 minutes ago, Jeebusai said:

Thanks for the prompt reply sis. Actually, the octo has this issue when I bought it. Inexperienced lol. The funny thing Is 3 branches are thriving and 2 dying....been arranging them for the past week. All 3 no matter where I put also happy. On the 2 branches unhappy (total 5 branches)...hard to please. Can U post the light for the refugium? Mine is just as small. Lol

U really want to embarrass meĀ :lol:

I using it on my pico now.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4E20CD98-6A7B-4D2D-A8AF-923509427462.jpeg

E5FC56A6-28F1-4EC3-8FA5-71C5691773B1.jpeg

• Like 1

• SRC Member
U really want to embarrass meĀ :lol:
I using it on my pico now.Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
4E20CD98-6A7B-4D2D-A8AF-923509427462.thumb.jpeg.cabdcd1a54880e22a8f7c3a8015dafea.jpeg
E5FC56A6-28F1-4EC3-8FA5-71C5691773B1.thumb.jpeg.82fc24997693ce9af0808a16183462bd.jpeg

Thanks sis. Can pm me how much and where to buy? Thanks. Btw no embarrass lah. Ur tank very chio and neat!

• SRC Member

Can anyone confirm if this is cyano? Itā€™s getting a bit worse than this. I shifted the rocks for better flow and increased the water flow. I have to clear the skimmer cup and change woolĀ everyday as it can be quite dirty.Ā 

Current parameters

Nitrates 10

Phosphate 0

Ammonia 0

Calcium 420

Alkalinity 9.2

Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks.Ā 

C6087BB4-D15A-415B-AFEF-3CD3C7FB7A38.jpeg

3ECB7202-1903-490D-8542-45B9A44DAE87.jpeg

What test kit u using for PO4?

PO4 if zero your NO3 will rocket up. Very hard to control

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2Ā Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7Ā Skimmer

Ā  1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish miniĀ 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ftĀ 

Ā nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Ā 

• SRC Member
7 hours ago, sherman said:

What test kit u using for PO4?

PO4 if zero your NO3 will rocket up. Very hard to control

Salifert. Feedback from some bros here salifert not accurate. I turned off light for a day and seems a bit better. Have to clear the wool and clean skimmer daily. Very smelly sludge thingy. I think should be having a diatoms outbreak. Going to do a WC tom. Getting a RO/DI unit tomorrow. Currently using faucet filter. Could be one of the reasons Iā€™m getting Diatoms

• SRC Member

FTS after after 2 weeks plus..... many hiccups along the way. Super steep learning curve. But itā€™s fun, enjoying the journey and learning from mistakes.Ā 

AE51CE48-966B-4F98-BA7E-1DF0004B940F.jpeg

On 5/4/2018 at 7:19 PM, Jeebusai said:

Salifert. Feedback from some bros here salifert not accurate. I turned off light for a day and seems a bit better. Have to clear the wool and clean skimmer daily. Very smelly sludge thingy. I think should be having a diatoms outbreak. Going to do a WC tom. Getting a RO/DI unit tomorrow. Currently using faucet filter. Could be one of the reasons Iā€™m getting Diatoms

So far they are the most accurate test kit on market beside Nyos.

Most other test kit is very unstable and hard to read

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2Ā Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7Ā Skimmer

Ā  1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish miniĀ 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ftĀ 

Ā nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Ā 

• SRC Member
So far they are the most accurate test kit on market beside Nyos.
Most other test kit is very unstable and hard to read

Thanks bro. Going to find a reasonably priced used Hanna tester for phosphate. The rest of my test kits are all salifert.

Ammonia, nitrate, dKH, magnesium, calcium, phosphate

Btw, I realized my caper plus can be quite off for both temperature and PH. A check with some bros. They feedback the Same thing. Any WiFi based PH and temp meters other than Apex? Lol