Jeebusai Red Sea Reefer 250

Jeebusai

1 minute ago, Jeebusai said:

Thanks bro. Going to find a reasonably priced used Hanna tester for phosphate. The rest of my test kits are all salifert.

Ammonia, nitrate, dKH, magnesium, calcium, phosphate

Btw, I realized my caper plus can be quite off for both temperature and PH. A check with some bros. They feedback the Same thing. Any WiFi based PH and temp meters other than Apex? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All wifi measuring devices are as good as the reference that is use to calibrate them.

Inclusive of Apex.

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member
All wifi measuring devices are as good as the reference that is use to calibrate them.
Inclusive of Apex.

I will try to calibrate again. Compared to my PH pen and normal thermometer, the readings are off by 1-2 for PH and 0.5 for temp.
A check with fellow caper plus users and they have same feedback.

For PH you just need calibration fluid to check how accurate is your equipment.

For temperature a normal glass mercury thermometer can be use to counter check.

Unless you need a very high accuracy then get a lab thermometer and send it to lab

for calibration yearly.

So far I find a normal glass thermometer is more then require for a reef tank.

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

8 minutes ago, Jeebusai said:

I will try to calibrate again. Compared to my PH pen and normal thermometer, the readings are off by 1-2 for PH and 0.5 for temp.
A check with fellow caper plus users and they have same feedback.

Unless your PH pen has being properly calibrate otherwise it is as good as your other PH measuring devices

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member
For PH you just need calibration fluid to check how accurate is your equipment.
For temperature a normal glass mercury thermometer can be use to counter check.
Unless you need a very high accuracy then get a lab thermometer and send it to lab
for calibration yearly.
So far I find a normal glass thermometer is more then require for a reef tank.

Agree bro. Cos I’m always away. That’s why I need the WiFi function to keep me updated. In case of power failure. Happened a few times at my place. So I can get my helper to check. Thanks for the help so far bro, u have been very helpful!

Just sharing what I learn. 

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Supporter

For power failure, cloud based equipment like Apex or Caperplus can alert you of disconnection after about 30min delay.

An alternative equipment is iSocket (uses SIM card) to send you an SMS immediately. This seems less popular nowadays due cost of equipment & regular SIM card replacement.

For power failure, its also best to have a battery backup system to keep your wavemakers going. Personally i have 3 sets of battery (1 to each wavemaker).

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member
For power failure, cloud based equipment like Apex or Caperplus can alert you of disconnection after about 30min delay.
An alternative equipment is iSocket (uses SIM card) to send you an SMS immediately. This seems less popular nowadays due cost of equipment & regular SIM card replacement.

For power failure, its also best to have a battery backup system to keep your wavemakers going. Personally i have 3 sets of battery (1 to each wavemaker).

Lol thanks. I only have one apc backup for wavemaker.

Don’t mind me asking. Is it possible to evaporate 6-7L of water a day for 3 feet tank. Today seems abnormal. The sump water level keeps dropping.

I don’t know about other sumps. But for the new Red Sea sump. The return pump compartment could run out of water and the rest of the compartment can still be full to the brim.

I have adjusted the flow. Will Monitor again. Seriously thinking of the auto leveling tunZe skimmer. Very tiring to adjust skimmer daily.

• SRC Supporter

Are you using a chiller or cooling fan?

Isn't the skimmer placed in a location where water level is constant? And the return pumps in a section where the water level in that section does NOT affect the skimmer section?

Yes, do consider an ATO. Very important to make reefing life easier.

• SRC Member
Are you using a chiller or cooling fan?
Isn't the skimmer placed in a location where water level is constant? And the return pumps in a section where the water level in that section does NOT affect the skimmer section?
Yes, do consider an ATO. Very important to make reefing life easier.

Red Sea comes with ATO but it’s not working. Waiting for the LFS boss to drop by when he’s free.

I bought a TUNZE 3152 ATO for my mini top off tank. But due to the height of the pump. The water can’t stop flowing to the sump like back draft.

Supposedly the water is constant. But the skimmer very very cranky. I have to restrict the air. Already at min.

Don’t mind me asking another dumb question. For the salifert test kits. The solution must changed completely right? I presume. Rather than signs of color change?

Many many thanks.

• SRC Member

Red Sea comes with ATO but it’s not working. Waiting for the LFS boss to drop by when he’s free.

I bought a TUNZE 3152 ATO for my mini top off tank. But due to the height of the pump. The water can’t stop flowing to the sump like back draft.

Supposedly the water is constant. But the skimmer very very cranky. I have to restrict the air. Already at min.

Don’t mind me asking another dumb question. For the salifert test kits. The solution must changed completely right? I presume. Rather than signs of color change?

Many many thanks.

Took me. Awhile to find or what’s wrong. Apparently the flow of water became slower than before. Despite no one touching the know. Adjusted the flow valve and the water level/flow is back to normal.

Learning something new everyday.....

Just finished testing my water parameters. Thinking of getting auto doser soon.

• SRC Supporter
34 minutes ago, Jeebusai said:

Many many thanks.

If the ATO container is above your water level, then you need a float valve. Not sure if the RedSea tank came with it. Else you can get it for about $10+ from Madpetz.

For salifert test kit, the color needs to change completely. Just search on youtube for color reference. This is a good example where you can see the color clearly though its not in english. 

• SRC Member
If the ATO container is above your water level, then you need a float valve. Not sure if the RedSea tank came with it. Else you can get it for about $10+ from Madpetz.
For salifert test kit, the color needs to change completely. Just search on youtube for color reference. This is a good example where you can see the color clearly though its not in english. 

Thanks bro. Really appreciate ur patience. And yes Red Sea comes with ATO float valve. But it’s not working well. Waiting for the seller(LFS) to come and check. If there’s any issue they will do a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

New Toy. Trying to adjust to the correct water level. Looked at so many models but in the end settled for this. Mainly due to many good reviews and footprint. New Red Sea sumps are designed smaller with refugium in mind. For fellow reefers getting Red Sea tanks  please double/triple confirm based on new sump dimensions. LOL

B1950BF9-5349-4A37-B1C5-7312D584E170.jpeg

603BE155-DE1C-4F03-9428-6F791499142D.jpeg

093CF35F-2B7B-496F-A98B-AB5A88751619.jpeg

• SRC Member

Need some help and don’t know which section to post. 

1. Realized every week or so I have to adjust the water valve outlet. When I see the water movement slowing and water level drops. Have to re-adjust again. Is it normal? Or is it due to blockage. 

2.  Has some diatoms issue last 3 days. Got a feeling something is not right but couldn’t find the cause. The next day, a cleaner shrimp took a dead goby out to devour. Did some tests, nitrates went up. It’s also my weekly microbacter dosing. Cleaned the glass, switched off the lights and usual sop like changing filter etc. Today the diatoms are gone.  Water is clear again. Did some tests and find that the calcium, magnesium went up compared to last week test after WC. Is it possible? Only dose calcium buffer daily for the past 3 days according to dosage  

Last Friday test 

salinity 1.025

ph 8.1

calcium 425

mag 1350

8.5 dKH

nitrates 1

Today

salinity 1.025

ph 8

calcium 465

mag 1455

8.5 dKH

3. Some tiny white worms on the glass. Closest  I can find on the internet is round/detritus worms. They seem short but some moves pretty fast. Are they harmful? Trying to take a pic. 

1: I believe it does take some time for certain skimmers to break in, give it up to a week and try fine tuning it again!

2: Diatoms are very common for new tanks, as time goes by other different types of algae will pop out too.

3: Should be pods bah.. Do snap a pic when you can and share it with all other reefers here to identify!

• SRC Member
39 minutes ago, ReefManiac said:
1: I believe it does take some time for certain skimmers to break in, give it up to a week and try fine tuning it again!
2: Diatoms are very common for new tanks, as time goes by other different types of algae will pop out too.
3: Should be pods bah.. Do snap a pic when you can and share it with all other reefers here to identify!

Changed my skimmer bro. Lol I’m actually referring to the water outlet valve. Every few days, the flow becomes less strong and I have to adjust again.

Btw. I’m getting coralline algae too.

Maybe ur right bro.but where they came from lol. Trying to take a pic but too small.

Thanks for relying bro!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Need some help. Hope some kind bros can help. 

My water parameters last Saturday after partial WC :

PH : 7.8

Salinity : 1.025

Calcium : 425

Magnesiun : 1350

Alkalinity : 8.8

Only dose Red Sea Reef energy AB 2X  in 6 days  

Seachem marine buffer daily till it stabilized at 8.2

Just did a test :

PH : 8.2

Calcium : 440

Magnesium : 1470

Alkalinity : 10.7

repeated the test 2x  especially dKH 3x so readings are correct  

fishes and corals looks ok  

1. is it possible for ca, mg and dKH to increase with no dosing of supplements/buffers except the above. My corals didn’t consume anything?

2. Or is it the reef energy or Seachem marine buffer. 

Thanks. 

• SRC Member

One month 2 weeks FTS. Long way to go! Managed to settle most of the issues encouraged. Definitely a Tiring yet fulfilling journey. Learning something new daily! Thanks for the knowledge shared here! 

CAF523B6-A83B-4927-8A1D-9838B99B7826.jpeg

On 6/1/2018 at 9:20 PM, Jeebusai said:

Need some help. Hope some kind bros can help. 

My water parameters last Saturday after partial WC :

PH : 7.8

Calcium : 425

Magnesiun : 1350

Alkalinity : 8.8

Only dose Red Sea Reef energy AB 2X  in 6 days  

Seachem marine buffer daily till it stabilized at 8.2

Just did a test :

PH : 8.2

Calcium : 440

Magnesium : 1470

Alkalinity : 10.7

repeated the test 2x  especially dKH 3x so readings are correct  

fishes and corals looks ok  

1. is it possible for ca, mg and dKH to increase with no dosing of supplements/buffers except the above. My corals didn’t consume anything?

2. Or is it the reef energy or Seachem marine buffer. 

Thanks. 

From what i have read on many online forums, corals do not consume anything if they are stressed. And do note that the consumption of such are not linear throughout the day.

• Haha 1

• SRC Member
41 minutes ago, ReefManiac said:

From what i have read on many online forums, corals do not consume anything if they are stressed. And do note that the consumption of such are not linear throughout the day.

Thanks for the info. Learnt something new today. Trying to monitor as I’m going a away for a Long trip. Waiting for my dozer to arrive. 

Read that a possibility in the dKH spike of 3 could likely be the powdered Seachem Marine buffer. Though not stated, it apparently raises dKH too! 

• SRC Member
Hope u solve your water level issue. If u need help just drop me a pm.

Thanks bro. Ur a early riser too! In a plane now lol