Jeebusai Red Sea Reefer 250

Jeebusai

• SRC Member

New Light for refugium. Bought brand new instead. Not much diff in price. Rather pay a bit more for the warranty. Hopefully it works for my chaeto. 

Bought the pump to prepare for long trip. Feedback after I set up this weekend. 

7A96C873-3D99-4C57-9B40-694A2D2E0496.jpeg

5C4D1ECD-E3D7-42E1-BBED-CEA930D41E9E.jpeg

E8691A6B-1C7F-4B5D-B8FE-A440D62F0371.jpeg

• Like 1

• SRC Member
New Light for refugium. Bought brand new instead. Not much diff in price. Rather pay a bit more for the warranty. Hopefully it works for my chaeto.  Bought the pump to prepare for long trip. Feedback after I set up this weekend. 

7A96C873-3D99-4C57-9B40-694A2D2E0496.thumb.jpeg.c1fb42e199613f06ebb3db76cf381bf7.jpeg

5C4D1ECD-E3D7-42E1-BBED-CEA930D41E9E.thumb.jpeg.9c745945eedc3a3dbbf8265f9bb4e74e.jpeg

E8691A6B-1C7F-4B5D-B8FE-A440D62F0371.thumb.jpeg.ea76f103029e1fa046671c4256e28e6c.jpeg

Been using the same light for a small external fuge too, on max intensity it grows chaeto and ulva like crazy but once the growth gets dense I’ve found the par isn’t strong enough compared to the much more pricey h380. Can remedy that with slightly increased flow though

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
Been using the same light for a small external fuge too, on max intensity it grows chaeto and ulva like crazy but once the growth gets dense I’ve found the par isn’t strong enough like it’s more pricey h380. Can remedy that with slightly increased flow though

That’s good to hear bro. I don’t have good flow for the refugium. Thinking of solutions. Any advice other than add a pump? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
New Light for refugium. Bought brand new instead. Not much diff in price. Rather pay a bit more for the warranty. Hopefully it works for my chaeto. 
Bought the pump to prepare for long trip. Feedback after I set up this weekend. 
7A96C873-3D99-4C57-9B40-694A2D2E0496.thumb.jpeg.c1fb42e199613f06ebb3db76cf381bf7.jpeg
5C4D1ECD-E3D7-42E1-BBED-CEA930D41E9E.thumb.jpeg.9c745945eedc3a3dbbf8265f9bb4e74e.jpeg
E8691A6B-1C7F-4B5D-B8FE-A440D62F0371.thumb.jpeg.ea76f103029e1fa046671c4256e28e6c.jpeg
Nice fuge light bro.. can share the details of dosing pump in pm? Looking to buy dosing pump.. :)

• SRC Member

That’s good to hear bro. I don’t have good flow for the refugium. Thinking of solutions. Any advice other than add a pump? LOL

I’ve tried the cheap sunsun 2000Lph ones but I find if you’re keeping chaeto that tends to get stuck in the impeller it’s probably better to use a Long horizontal bubbler and place it at the bottom. Either that or just regularly trim the chaeto once it starts to get too bushy hahaha

• SRC Member

Bro, can share info on the rising pump too? Thinking of setting up one. Thanks!

LOL quite a few enquiries on the dosing. Bought it online from fishstreet.com I opted for the 3x 1.5L dosing container. All in plus tubing and holder is about slightly more than $300 plus shipping.

The dosing pump is WiFi enabled. Read pretty good reviews online. So decided to give it a try.

I was actually waiting for the Red Sea dosing pump. But will have to wait till end of the year.

Will calibrate this weekend and give some feedback.

• Like 2

• SRC Member
1 hour ago, soggycookies said:

I’ve tried the cheap sunsun 2000Lph ones but I find if you’re keeping chaeto that tends to get stuck in the impeller it’s probably better to use a Long horizontal bubbler and place it at the bottom. Either that or just regularly trim the chaeto once it starts to get too bushy hahaha

Thanks for the advice. Let me do some googling work! 

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Did some tests and here's the average consumption for 5 days

2 June 2018 :

Calcium 435

Magnesium 1350

Alkalinity 9.6 dKH

7 June 2018 :

Calcium 385

Magnesium 1230

Alkalinity 9.3 dKH

According to Red Sea Recipe for Mixed Reef (Though my tank is more SPS dominant, but mostly frags), think maybe its better to stick to the Mixed Reef Recipe :

Calcium 450

Magnesium 1350

Alkalinity 11.5 dKH

Need inputs from fellow reefers :

1. Not chasing numbers, but would like to set-up my doser since I will be away for almost 2 weeks. Im more comfortable with a 8-9 dKH after reading tons of online articles and youtube videos. Is that the more comfortable rather than the 11.5 as recommended by Red Sea?

2. After almost 2 months of testing, came to conclusion that magnesium depletes the fastest. Is that normal? Think may have to use powder additive soon. Very siong if I keep using liquid supplements.

All inputs are appreciated. Thanks! 

• Like 1

• SRC Supporter

I agree that KH of 8-9 works well for mixed reef. I'm running roughly around 8-8.3 most of the time for my tank.

Most reefers switch to powder additives after some time as the corals grow & demand picks up. Your Mg depletion looks normal too.

• Like 1

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member
23 minutes ago, SubzeroLT said:

I agree that KH of 8-9 works well for mixed reef. I'm running roughly around 8-8.3 most of the time for my tank.

Most reefers switch to powder additives after some time as the corals grow & demand picks up. Your Mg depletion looks normal too.

Thanks for the advice bro. Need to find alternatives already. It’s very expensive to use liquid for dosing and it’s going to only get worse(better) lol. 

Nice tankset, can get mg powder and mix on ur own. More economical.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member
Nice tankset, can get mg powder and mix on ur own. More economical.

Thanks bro. Going to read some reviews on the various brands.

• SRC Member

Very sad day....this is the 3rd fish in 2 months that died. Suspect it’s my clarkii clown which has grown an inch in only 2 months. Super strong and loves to bite my fingers. 

The 4 fishes I have get along very well. Every time I intro a new fish. First few days seem ok. Then something bad will happen. Either it’s injured or too stressed out. This round don’t even have time to isolate. 

Never caught the clown on the act so I can’t pinpoint him. There’s a deep cut on the flame hawk’s body and his mouth is bruised with missing flesh which looks like a bite. 

Sad....

6A056320-A881-4E20-A495-28A23B3AD733.jpeg

• SRC Member
4 hours ago, Jeebusai said:

Very sad day....this is the 3rd fish in 2 months that died. Suspect it’s my clarkii clown which has grown an inch in only 2 months. Super strong and loves to bite my fingers. 

The 4 fishes I have get along very well. Every time I intro a new fish. First few days seem ok. Then something bad will happen. Either it’s injured or too stressed out. This round don’t even have time to isolate. 

Never caught the clown on the act so I can’t pinpoint him. There’s a deep cut on the flame hawk’s body and his mouth is bruised with missing flesh which looks like a bite. 

Sad....

6A056320-A881-4E20-A495-28A23B3AD733.jpeg

Oh no. This is y always hv phobia of adding fishes. 

• Like 1

• SRC Member
Sad....
6A056320-A881-4E20-A495-28A23B3AD733.thumb.jpeg.068df14617319ec4b166acfb1f0e0644.jpeg

Sorry about your loss bro :(

Anything other than ocellaris and percula(and their variants) clowns are more like their other Damsel cousins and tend to be more aggressive even as Clownfish. Especially if they were one of the first ones introduced.

Hope you find new additions that can hold their own and stand up to your clarkii hahaha. Or perhaps you can try taking him out of your tank for a week or 2 if you have a QT tank and place the other fishes in there before putting him back in. That might help some

• Like 1

• SRC Member
18 hours ago, soggycookies said:

Sorry about your loss bro :(

Anything other than ocellaris and percula(and their variants) clowns are more like their other Damsel cousins and tend to be more aggressive even as Clownfish. Especially if they were one of the first ones introduced.

Hope you find new additions that can hold their own and stand up to your clarkii hahaha. Or perhaps you can try taking him out of your tank for a week or 2 if you have a QT tank and place the other fishes in there before putting him back in. That might help some

Thanks bro. Was thinking of either QT him or get something bigger and fiercer than him....lol. Just a thought don’t want to start a war.....faint. 

• SRC Member

Did 3 WC the since yesterday morning. Normally I don’t test for nitrates. But someone my gut feel told me too. And boy, my nitrate was at 25ppm. 

Did a 20% wc and dropped to 15ppm. Did a test a night again and it went back to 25ppm. Did another 10% wc. 

Just checked this morning and it’s still 25ppm. While doing another wc. The real issue surfaced! Finally! Dead moth in the sump which only showed today. Realised when the refugium light is on at night, it attracts a lot of insects and moths. This time it got stucked and i couldn’t see it. 

Decided to ask my helper to turn on the lights only when the main door is closed and be more vigilant in her checks.....cos I will be away for almost 2 weeks! Pray nothing dies....:angel:

• Like 1

• SRC Member
Did 3 WC the since yesterday morning. Normally I don’t test for nitrates. But someone my gut feel told me too. And boy, my nitrate was at 25ppm. 
Did a 20% wc and dropped to 15ppm. Did a test a night again and it went back to 25ppm. Did another 10% wc. 
Just checked this morning and it’s still 25ppm. While doing another wc. The real issue surfaced! Finally! Dead moth in the sump which only showed today. Realised when the refugium light is on at night, it attracts a lot of insects and moths. This time it got stucked and i couldn’t see it. 
Decided to ask my helper to turn on the lights only when the main door is closed and be more vigilant in her checks.....cos I will be away for almost 2 weeks! Pray nothing dies....:angel:
u can use a timer...

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Back after almost 2 weeks holiday! Nothing died, but some corals showing signs of STN. Did a 15-20% WC and checked parameters. A bit off. 6.8dKH and nitrates are at 15ppm. Hopefully things will be better!