Jeebusai Red Sea Reefer 250

Jeebusai

• SRC Member
9 hours ago, SubzeroLT said:

Are these the LPS you want to lift off the sand bed? Quite a few nice pieces there. 

Yes bro. These and some small gonio frags are the ones I would hope to lift it off the sandbed a bit. Saw very nice rock at a LFS but it’s owned by another bro lol. 

Pretty common pieces bro. And can’t seem to take good pics with my iPhone....

• SRC Supporter
4 hours ago, Jeebusai said:

3 months FTS 

1547BACC-4289-4DB3-AD49-F7A89450AE5E.jpeg

Nice scaping!

My gut feel tells me your Acans will be exposed to too much light.  Acans need very low PAR (around 100 PAR levels or less) to maintain its puffiness & color. Its about the same vicinity as your SPS - so its either your SPS has insufficient light or your acans will be overexposed. 

• Thanks 1

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member
16 minutes ago, SubzeroLT said:

Nice scaping!

My gut feel tells me your Acans will be exposed to too much light.  Acans need very low PAR (around 100 PAR levels or less) to maintain its puffiness & color. Its about the same vicinity as your SPS - so its either your SPS has insufficient light or your acans will be overexposed. 

Your absolutely spot on bro. I finally realized how difficult it is to have a mixed reef tank smaller than 4 feet. Placement of corals is really tough. Can’t find much shaded areas. I had to remove a WM as there’s too much flow for the softies. In fact I traded my scolys lol. Sps happy softies not happy and vice versa  

My current light is at 65% AB+ but currently on acclimation mode of 55% so its actually very low. 

The rainbow acans can take more light of about 220 par. But not so sure of my other  acans. 

Headache......

• SRC Member

Fellow refeers using Red Sea Reefer 250. In case u missed it. The side glass is 10mm. Sent an email to Red Sea to confirm. Wanted to be sure there will be no issues mounting a Vortech MP10 on the side. 

• SRC Member

Been doing weekly 10-15% WC since tank setup 3 months ago. NO3 finally dropping to 10PPM after introduction of 1/2 KG of chaeto (thanks to a nice fellow reefer). And yes, finally the chaeto is growing very well, which also means too much nutrients.....

Any reefers with advice on WC? Maybe reduce to 5% weekly? Instead of 15%?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
4 minutes ago, NeoReef said:

Hello bro!! I like your acan garden , maybe will set up one in my tank next time . How is the refugium going on for you? Able to help you cope with nutrients? Hows your feeding schedule like?

Thanks bro. More like “mini” Acan corner lol. 

So far so good. 2 weeks ago NO3 was 20-25ppm. Now it’s down to 10. But I added almost a volley ball sized amount of chaeto to kickstart.  Now whole sump full of algae too. 

I feed 2x a day. A bit of pellets in the morning. Night one cube of Mysis. If I’m home, will feed some nori sheets as a snack. Realized that seaweed will foul the water quite quickly. The thing about Red Sea refeers, the sump is a tad small. May have an issue when my tank is more heavily stocked. Will have to think of an alternative later. 

• SRC Member
1 minute ago, Jeebusai said:

Thanks bro. More like “mini” Acan corner lol. 

So far so good. 2 weeks ago NO3 was 20-25ppm. Now it’s down to 10. But I added almost a volley ball sized amount of chaeto to kickstart.  Now whole sump full of algae too. 

I feed 2x a day. A bit of pellets in the morning. Night one cube of Mysis. If I’m home, will feed some nori sheets as a snack. Realized that seaweed will foul the water quite quickly. The thing about Red Sea refeers, the sump is a tad small. May have an issue when my tank is more heavily stocked. Will have to think of an alternative later. 

Ya ... the sump looks very cramped and hard to work with , do you plan to custom make one yourself?

• SRC Member
13 hours ago, NeoReef said:

Ya ... the sump looks very cramped and hard to work with , do you plan to custom make one yourself?

The good/bad thing about red sea reefers, its a "AIO" in a small package. But its pretty hard to work with, will take some time to get used to the tight space. Maybe in a year or so (tank only 4 months old), either i upgrade to a bigger tank, or custom a sump. Most likely have to redo the pipes too......

• SRC Member

Some updates. Took out my Maxspect Gyre 230 and replaced with a Vortech MP10 and a Jebao OW-25 as I can’t seem to direct the flow where I want it to be with the gyre. Please do not be mistaken, the Gyre is a very good all rounder WM. But most tanks 3 feet and below (unless is a full or sps dominated tank), it may be challenging to direct the flow to ur liking for a mixed reef tank.

The real surprise was the Jebao OW-25. My Gosh, I’m stunned at how easy it is to use and how strong the waves are. The wave patterns are wider (not as pinpoint) than the MP-10. 

In terms of style, the MP-10 wins hands down! U get to programme the wave patterns over a 24 hours period. To be frank, I was a tad disappointed by the output. At 80% , it’s not even as strong as Jebao at 40% power. Someone told me before I bought the Voretch, u sure? Can buy 5 Jebao u know! Can your MP10 last longer than 5 Jebao?

And boy.....he may be right........

Some pics  for updates :

CF345A1D-1AC2-45E6-A4BE-81A646168C6E.jpeg

E25CD3CB-694D-4B8C-98D3-17D47B08BBF7.jpeg

5F8A8424-80DA-429C-A2F7-4AA65F35BC83.jpeg

29ACB662-B024-4A31-BE8B-C9BDFF3A1F79.jpeg

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Currently using 2 frag racks. 

IM Reef Rack 32 (Cos previously N52 no stock)

N52 Mag Rack Pro 

Was concerned about the length of 12 inches for the N52. I was Glad it fit perfectly and it’s looks kinda flushed. Without any corals, u can’t really see the rack. Just a note, cos it’s a slim type, you can put much corals unless ur using very small frag plugs. But the magnet isn’t really strong. Easy to manoeuvre up and down during WC. 

4F5D3FCC-957C-40F0-B6BA-7ED4B6E2C642.jpeg

05DB3F4D-8CA8-4217-A686-FBB80502263F.jpeg