0.2KGal Reefer

DrunkG0D

• SRC Member
11 minutes ago, Nick Liu said:

Abit scared leh. Saw the reviews. The apps seems like having quite bit of problem. How is ur experience?
So is it like login to an account then you key in the readings?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

It's ok in my opinion. Lot's of things you can track you just need to key in what you want. Its far from perfect but I saw they have a Neptune Apex integration so I'm looking forward to seeing that part in action. If you are just using on one device then it is just the 13.98 but if you are using across multiple devices then there is an additional fee. 

For the new build I'm using it to track all of my expenses from sand to feeds. Will also be using it to remind myself tp change out things like bulbs. When skimmer is due for cleaning (monthly) etc etc.

Some said you can do the same on excel and I agree. But sometimes it's about the convenience of having it on an app. And excel on a handphone really isn't user friendly at all. 

• SRC Member
1 hour ago, Nick Liu said:

Abit scared leh. Saw the reviews. The apps seems like having quite bit of problem. How is ur experience?
So is it like login to an account then you key in the readings?

I’m using this app too. While it’s good for recording readings, it’s not very customisable. Like I can’t set my threshold. I also can’t manually key in the additives I have dosed. I can only use it as an alert. I think better to use excel or manual recordings. I have seen better free apps for android phones. But apple......sorry....

Personally, I think I’m better off buying other stuff.....my 2 cents.....

1 hour ago, DrunkG0D said:

It's ok in my opinion. Lot's of things you can track you just need to key in what you want. Its far from perfect but I saw they have a Neptune Apex integration so I'm looking forward to seeing that part in action. If you are just using on one device then it is just the 13.98 but if you are using across multiple devices then there is an additional fee. 

For the new build I'm using it to track all of my expenses from sand to feeds. Will also be using it to remind myself tp change out things like bulbs. When skimmer is due for cleaning (monthly) etc etc.

Some said you can do the same on excel and I agree. But sometimes it's about the convenience of having it on an app. And excel on a handphone really isn't user friendly at all. 

I totally understand why you will pay for that. It is some i would like to. i'll explore it alittle.

• 4 weeks later...
She's here! But the house isn't ready :angry:
20180824_163705.thumb.jpg.c4d1ed4d2a10f2864ca3d6251d87d89c.jpg
Nice looking tank. I got a question on your return pump, i see that you have 2 M1 pump, 1 for display tank the other for your chiller? Wont that chill your sump 1st before the display tank?

• SRC Member
10 hours ago, sandagen said:

Nice looking tank. I got a question on your return pump, i see that you have 2 M1 pump, 1 for display tank the other for your chiller? Wont that chill your sump 1st before the display tank?

At the moment the plan is to run one M1 direct back into the tank through the included return. However there has been some comments about the size of the included plumbing being undersized, so i plan to run the second M1 through a seperate manifold that will pass through some reactors, UV possibly, the chiller and back to the tank directly through another extra return which I will plumb.

At the moment the plan is to run one M1 direct back into the tank through the included return. However there has been some comments about the size of the included plumbing being undersized, so i plan to run the second M1 through a seperate manifold that will pass through some reactors, UV possibly, the chiller and back to the tank directly through another extra return which I will plumb.
I think it would be best to have 2 return pipe to the display tank too. However thats not part of the design by red sea reefer. How are you going in to incorporate the 2nd return pipe to the display tank?

• SRC Member
9 minutes ago, sandagen said:

I think it would be best to have 2 return pipe to the display tank too. However thats not part of the design by red sea reefer. How are you going in to incorporate the 2nd return pipe to the display tank?

What I'm going to use is 2 nos. of 16mm Lily Pipes which is glass and what I've used previously for my aquascaped tanks. Since the M1 output is 3/4" and the maximum size lily pipe I can get is 16mm I'll need to run a splitter to the 2 opposite corners of the back of the tank. Lily pipes look great cos they're glass, just got to clean it twice a month to get the gunk off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

It's been a long wait to get everything ready. The house is almost done and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

5b977faa8b5a3_2018-09-0811_34_06.thumb.jpg.afb5615dd6d327e418cb35fd8eabaa9f.jpg

The space is 9ft in length and will allow for a future upgrade to a 8ft tank if the CFO allows. For now, a 6ft will do just fine. The cabinet for the control systems is also being completed. Taking my time on that since the house isn't quite ready yet. The top shelves have been reserved to store any misc stuff with the center shelf having an additional power point if I need it for something.

5b978040057a6_WhatsAppImage2018-09-11at16_39_46.thumb.jpeg.384ceae8e4b44dd731e35385dc16d160.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

She is finally in. After a month of delays. The house still isn't complete yet due to some quality control issues but we are getting there slowly but surely. Just some update photos. Ive started building the manifold and checking placements.

20180930_131732.jpg

20180930_131738.jpg

• SRC Member

Finally got some time to prepare the manifolds. 1 x M1 will run direct to the return back to tank, 1 x M1 will run through a manifold that will split the flow through the chiller and UV and back to the tank through 2 lily pipes. Rear Manifold:

5bb57a50db245_WhatsAppImage2018-10-04at00_55_06.thumb.jpeg.412f96f4109bd23a585938624029ef70.jpeg

From M1 to chiller manifold:

5bb57a7b4d72d_WhatsAppImage2018-10-04at00_55.06(1).thumb.jpeg.20e92fe976fd8fdfad88096278e18dc8.jpeg

Lily pipe setup:

5bb57aa7dca84_WhatsAppImage2018-10-04at00_24_21.thumb.jpeg.6bb8dc243b3f927e596799dcf4687ef5.jpeg

Managed to test the overflow to make sure no leaks last Sunday. Thankfully all went well. The manifold for reactors is also finished, next up will be to install the reactor manifold followed by all the wiring and control cables. The painful next step now is to cut, splice and extend all the wiring for some of the equipment as some of the equipment cables are too SHORT! 

• Like 1

Finally got some time to prepare the manifolds. 1 x M1 will run direct to the return back to tank, 1 x M1 will run through a manifold that will split the flow through the chiller and UV and back to the tank through 2 lily pipes. Rear Manifold:
5bb57a50db245_WhatsAppImage2018-10-04at00_55_06.thumb.jpeg.412f96f4109bd23a585938624029ef70.jpeg
From M1 to chiller manifold:
5bb57a7b4d72d_WhatsAppImage2018-10-04at00_55.06(1).thumb.jpeg.20e92fe976fd8fdfad88096278e18dc8.jpeg
Lily pipe setup:
5bb57aa7dca84_WhatsAppImage2018-10-04at00_24_21.thumb.jpeg.6bb8dc243b3f927e596799dcf4687ef5.jpeg
Managed to test the overflow to make sure no leaks last Sunday. Thankfully all went well. The manifold for reactors is also finished, next up will be to install the reactor manifold followed by all the wiring and control cables. The painful next step now is to cut, splice and extend all the wiring for some of the equipment as some of the equipment cables are too SHORT! 

Nicely done. Is it easy to modified the existing red Sea piping?

• SRC Member
22 hours ago, sandagen said:

Nicely done. Is it easy to modified the existing red Sea piping?

Nope nothing to difficult. Just get the right size parts and fittings cut away and join with pvc cement

• SRC Member

Spent a total of 36 man hours getting the scape done. Thankful for the help of a great master to be able to finally get the whole scape up. Though I'm not quite ready to share the final scape yet, I'll first share two pictures of the preparation for the final setting. These pictures depicts the rocks as we were in the midst of combining to form the basic structures for the final scape.

As this is typed the sand has been poured and the flooding of the tank is underway. 

Next up will be salting the tank, getting my 3 month old media into the sump and finishing up the rest of the electricals and plumbing. 

Screenshot_20181009-022913.jpg

Screenshot_20181009-022936.jpg