0.2KGal Reefer

DrunkG0D

• SRC Member
3 hours ago, sandagen said:

Able to recommend or pm me where you got your PVC and fittings from? Thanks in advance.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

U can generally get it from the hardware stores, for me my company orders these things in bulk for projects so I got easy access :)

• SRC Member

The controls and electricals are finally done phew. 

Also managed to get the DOS all set up in the store and connected via the onelink module which is awesome because I only need 1 cable for each of them and no external power cords.

Probes are all in and running except the salinity probe which I'm having trouble calibrating. But that doesn't really matter that much at the moment.

Can't wait to get the first livestock in. 

SmartSelectImage_2018-10-18-16-50-33.jpg

Screenshot_20181018-165557.jpg

• Like 1

• SRC Member
Also managed to get the DOS all set up in the store and connected via the onelink module which is awesome because I only need 1 cable for each of them and no external power cords.
Probes are all in and running except the salinity probe which I'm having trouble calibrating. But that doesn't really matter that much at the moment.
SmartSelectImage_2018-10-18-16-50-33.jpg.fd8e9e5852b02d7ab1ef85e926a6a89a.jpg

Screenshot_20181018-165557.thumb.jpg.526d8630c386d212c442686724e7680b.jpg
Wow...well organized setup..impressed..

• SRC Member

So as of 2 days ago the cycle has completed.

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 10

I guess the pre-cycled media helped along with 80grams of Ammonium Chloride to keep Ammonia at 2ppm for the past 2 weeks. Got a little guy in to test and he is doing fine. The kids named the clownfish dory...

5bcffa1692d43_2018-10-2217_25_10.thumb.jpg.b7aabf99c0f384a178af5aedef70edf9.jpg

Love the monitoring capabilities of the Apex:

Temp stable btw 24.3 - 24.8 degrees

ORP at 254

pH btw 8.04 - 8.15

Refuge lights have been on for 3 hours every night and a mini ball of chaeto in since day 5. Chaeto isn't dead yet so I think so far so good.

Next steps would be:

1) Setup ATO + Osmolator

2) Run all the flexible hoses for the DOS

3) Calibrate the DOS

4) Get some softies in

5) Tune the display lights

These mushrooms are waiting to go in.....

5bcffb393f06f_2018-10-1015_52_16.thumb.jpg.820bc41c8d8cfdc9952887bfc86dec3e.jpg

• SRC Member

Skimmer is exploding... not sure how long it takes for a quantum 220 to settle down but the microbubbles and excessive foam...

Decided to throw some carbon in there and will do a water change tonight to see if it will settle the foam a little. Could be due to the epoxy.

Been growing some of these in my other tank. Just waiting to transplant them.

20181024_173545.jpg

My experience can take 2 weeks, even for a used one.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
SmartSelectImage_2018-10-18-16-50-33.jpg.fd8e9e5852b02d7ab1ef85e926a6a89a.jpg

Screenshot_20181018-165557.thumb.jpg.526d8630c386d212c442686724e7680b.jpg
Can i know where u buy the extension socket

• SRC Member
23 hours ago, Solo77 said:

My experience can take 2 weeks, even for a used one.

Thanks... 1 more week to go... now currently breaking it in with the air completely closed. 

• SRC Member
23 hours ago, leong_rei said:

Can i know where u buy the extension socket

This extension is the EB6 that comes with the Neptune Apex. You can get it ordered most marine retail stores. 

• SRC Member

Since the cycle is complete have been dragging my feet on getting my water change setup and done. Got 2 drums of salt water mixed 2 days ago and today finally got the auto water change going. I've got it set to change 70L or about 10% of then water volume every 24 hours. The current plan is to do this for the first week followed by a lesser amount of approximately 35L daily for the second week and taper off to about 2% wc daily for the third and fourth week before I start the switch to triton dosing. Chaeto has been stabilizing and is now on 4 hours photoperiod every night and hasn't melted into a pile of green gloop yet. Fingers crossed this plan works. 

• SRC Member

Woke up today and decided to do a full test to see what my starting parameters will be after cycle since I decided to go with the Red Sea Blue Bucket the results were kinda low for my liking.

Alk 6.7

Ca 398

Phosphate 0.86

Haven't got to testing Mag and Nitrate yet as I had to run off to do family stuff. As the phosphate is pretty high I think I will get my GFO going to reduce the phosphate and slowly make the switch to the Red Sea Black bucket instead. But because the parameters are so low I'm going to have to start dosing additives to bring the levels up. I was previously using the black bucket and I would really like to not have to boost parameters every time I do a water change. Ideally would like the parameters to hover around 9-10dkh with cal around 450. What are you guys maintaining your parameters at?

• SRC Member
38 minutes ago, surfedelic said:

Mime purely LPS and softies maintaining at 425cal, Alk 9.3, mag abt 1395. Using mix of coral pro and AF probiotics. Po4 shld be low and no3...last measured. Shocked to hear coral reef salts parameter is so low. U are setting up an ULNS ?

No not planning to go ulns. Mixed tank so just normal parameter will do. The refuge is taking some time to get up to full extraction. But yeah I'm surprised that the blue bucket is mixing up such low parameters as well.

• SRC Member

After the last few days of testing, my parameters were starting to worry me. With my dos running auto waterchange over the course of 36 hours and changing  90L, I felt that the water change wasn't accomplishing much so i stopped doing that. 

Running GFO brought my phosohates down to 0.03 from 0.086 in 24 hours but it has started creeping up and today it came in at 0.0429. I reckon I may need to change out the GFO today. 

Rushing through to finish setting up my dosing lines and prepping my dosing containers as last night's water test showed alk dropping 0.5dkh. As such I had no choice but to start dosing additives immediately. Just 15ml of triton solution over the course of 24 hours. This evening's test came out slightly better with alk going back up and recovering the 0.5dkh. 

Also finally got my ATO setup. Decided to run with the Tunze Osmolator. My only gripe is that the sensor and power cables are way too short. I had to splice new power cables for the pump and it was such a pain due to the fact that my fingers weren't being cooperative and I literally crushed/wasted 6 pairs of connectors for the splice. 

On a happy note. I found my tank's toilet bowl. The one true spot where all the crud, uneaten food and crap settles out. This is great because I can now pay special attention to this area and clean it out more often. 

Screenshot_20181031-021617.jpg

• SRC Member
On 10/31/2018 at 7:30 PM, surfedelic said:

Your tank so big...might have a few toilet bowl ..lolz. Maybe try nopox or Aquaforest Bios and np pro. I used to use bios and np pro till it went so low and I stop using it.

Lols you are right. Lots of toilet bowls but since I got my gyres working on an alternate cycle ive yet to see a toilet bowl. These gyres are really pushing alot of water through the tank. Now the sand is a mess but I can live with that. I tried biopellet for 2 days and it clouded up the water so I took that offline on day 3.