Nori seaweed brand that my fishes avoid

nemonary571

Hi guys, recently bought some nori seaweed for my fishes. But my fishes will not touch it or eat it. It was purchased from a wet market. Anyone have the same experience?

Fishes have been with me for about 1.5 years and been eating frozen mysis/brine shrimp, new life spectrum pallets and another brand of nori( which they happily will eat)

thumbnail.jpg

Hi guys, recently bought some nori seaweed for my fishes. But my fishes will not touch it or eat it. It was purchased from a wet market. Anyone have the same experience?
Fishes have been with me for about 1.5 years and been eating frozen mysis/brine shrimp, new life spectrum pallets and another brand of nori( which they happily will eat)
thumbnail.thumb.jpg.07751ee86b8e5bd2b3b7f2ececd74129.jpg
Hi! Is this the brand they will eat, or will not eat? I bought this for my tuxedo urchin, but it's not eating..

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I tried to feed some that we humans eat and my fishes didnt even want to touch......in the end bought the ocean nutrition one and they gobbled....

Personal observation, other then the enhanced garlic flavor, the sea weed is moist. Whereas the ones we eat are mostly dried. they put in mouth and spit.....

1 hour ago, Jeebusai said:

I tried to feed some that we humans eat and my fishes didnt even want to touch......in the end bought the ocean nutrition one and they gobbled....

Personal observation, other then the enhanced garlic flavor, the sea weed is moist. Whereas the ones we eat are mostly dried. they put in mouth and spit.....

True, damn these fishes are picky about food. I also have one Tang that will not touch pallet food:dunno:, all it ate was nori. 

• SRC Member
Just now, nemonary571 said:

True, damn these fishes are picky about food. I also have one Tang that will not touch pallet food:dunno:, all it ate was nori. 

Try Hikari Sea weed extreme. Seems to be very popular for tangs.