Hailea Chiller

Wanted to get opinion of other reefers who used Hailea chiller. Im planning to start a new 4 feet tank and thinking about the chiller to buy. Are hailea chiller reliable? Are teco chiller better? In terms of power consumption, service life and noise. Appreciate if anyone can share some of their thoughts on this.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

Wanted to get opinion of other reefers who used Hailea chiller. Im planning to start a new 4 feet tank and thinking about the chiller to buy. Are hailea chiller reliable? Are teco chiller better? In terms of power consumption, service life and noise. Appreciate if anyone can share some of their thoughts on this.

Did not use Teco before. But was using a Hailea and arctica previously on my 3 ft tank. Noise wise Hailea was fine initially but does get slightly more noticeable after a while. Though got a used arctica, I will say the noise level was better and I Guess in terms of reliability most will go for arctica if Budget allows.

Just my observation and personal opinion.

Did not use Teco before. But was using a Hailea and arctica previously on my 3 ft tank. Noise wise Hailea was fine initially but does get slightly more noticeable after a while. Though got a used arctica, I will say the noise level was better and I Guess in terms of reliability most will go for arctica if Budget allows.

Just my observation and personal opinion.

Thanks. I just want to confirm that other than build quality, there are benefits in getting better chillers.

• SRC Member
Thanks. I just want to confirm that other than build quality, there are benefits in getting better chillers.

Well I Guess with better build the chances of it breaking down reduces, this reduce the risks of effects of temperature changes in tank. Plus if it can last technically saves money for replacement of equipment in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm using a Hailea 1/10 chiller for my Reefer 170. The noise is very much like an AC compressor - it comes on when the temp goes too high, and shuts off when it's within specified ranges.

It's not that loud, but noticeable, especially if your home is very quiet.
I have mine in the living room. When there are people around, or when the TV is on, you will not hear it. But at night, it tends to be quite clear if you pay attention to it.

Thinking of upgrading to Arctica later.