hippopus?

bubble_gum

• SRC Member

i just wanted to check wheteher any refers here have kept or at least seen a hippopus b4 in sg?

i only came across it twice... once at a farm opp topic marine. they had one gaint in a display and one for sale last year nov when i got my first squamosa. i seen it b4 cny again at topic marine selling for 60 but that was the last time. regretted nt buying it. <_<

from what i know.... it is a common clam in the wild and my relative staying near desaru once told my they could find them there and tasted good boiled and eaten with chillie :blink:

but since it is common in the wild, y arnt any importers bringing in them anymore? ugly? i dont think so. anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;) they still import puffers which look worse than michle jackson.....

well wat i wana know now is tt has any1 kept it b4? :thanks:

• SRC Member
Actually.... a lfs pwner here have access to tons of it but he say no one would want as they are very dull in colour... IMO gigas looks much better

i always wanted one. a small one that is... its very uniqe and special to me. ;)